Dash cam

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
White walker

Post by White walker »

Hi everyone.
I recently took my dashcam out of my Octavia Refitted it into the Karoq and using the same piggyback fuse connected to the constant live fuse of the what should be a cigarette lighter.
Everything works fine until the stop start system kicks in. At this point I loose the rear camera.
I have to then switch the dash cam off and then back on again to get both cameras working. After a while this gets annoying so I deactivate the stop start system.
As anyone any ideas why it should do that or have I done something wrong.
It's as if it looses power for a fraction of a second when the engine stops and that kills the rear camera, but that's my theory and I'm usually hopeless at theory.
Any ideas please.

ronsp

Post by ronsp »

Hi White walker,
My forward facing dashcam is powered directly through the cigarette lighter socket/front power socket which is constantly live and it does not lose power when the stop start system. Might be worthwhile trying to power your dashcam via cigarette lighter socket to see if this solves your problem.

SEL 1.6 diesel.
White walker

Post by White walker »

Thanks ronsp.
Why didn't I think of that. I said I was hopeless at theory. Now I've got to task of trying to remember where I put the auxiliary power supply I know it's some where in the bowels of my garage.I will let you know what happens, thanks again.

Roy
White walker

Post by White walker »

Hi ronsp,
God you're good. It works a treat with auxiliary power. Problem is now why not through the fuse. Either I got the wrong fuse, or gremlins got in during the swap. I could try a different fuse or keep auxiliary plugged in which I didn't really want to do or get on my knees and beg my wife for more funds. The last one may not be an option especially the mood she's in today. Anyway it's out with the owners manual and re check the fuse layout.

Thanks for your advice
Roy
White walker

Post by White walker »

Hi ronsp
I had the dash cam piggy backed into fuse number 40 the 12volt supply. So after reading reviews the majority saying fuse 47 I tried it in that.
Hey presto it's back working great.
Thanks again
Roy

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post