1-2 weeks wait left !

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

:D
Getting excited now as ordered a Karoq 1.6 tdi dsg SE L in black magic and Led package back in early Jan . Heard from Dealer and it's well on its way ! Have gone for the 1.6 as want maximum efficiency as travel a lot of miles ... what sort of MPG are people getting ? I heard it may be possible to get more MPG and a faster 0-62 than documented by Skoda's spec :)

TheLucko

Post by TheLucko »

Last week I had a 1.6 diesel DSG SE Technology on a 3 day test drive. The car had 2.5k miles on the clock, running on 17” wheels.

Over the 3 days I did over 200 miles, with a daily commute from Stroud to Bristol on A and B roads, a 60 mile round trip - the car averaged 52 MPG. This included me taking the afternoon off to drive it around Gloucester and up and down from the Cotswold hills, just to play.

On the last day I drove it like I would my current Audi A3 on a normal commute day – ACC on for about 40% of the journey and not over 65 mph, and certainly not gunning it. This journey was 55.4 MPG. Note: the MPG was taken from the trip computer, so you have to take that on it's word.

I have to say I was very, very impressed. The 1.6 diesel had no problems with a DSG in this size of car – never was it left wanting.

Andrew.
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply , impressive MPG for a car of that size . I'll be traveling 120 miles a day so will report back on my MPG.
Currently have an Audi A3 also and the MPG on that is lower that what your reporting on the Karoq so look forward to more economy :D . Doesn't sound like I need to worry about power either !