Hello from Port Talbot

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
oldcynic73

Post by oldcynic73 »

Currently driving a '14 plate Qashqai Tekna (Diesel). It was my first diesel and was only purchased because at the time it was the only automatic QQ available.

Nobody told me about DPF's and the like, so due to limitations, coming to it's 4th MOT it has only covered 9950 miles. The majority of those miles have been motorway/dual-carriageway drives averaging 100 miles round trip. Need a automatic/petrol SUV that I can use locally and so the time has come for it to go.

Have looked at all the similar (petrol/automatic) SUVs and top of the list is the Karoq.

More to follow when I have settled in.

jimmer69

Post by jimmer69 »

Hello Port Talbot, I've had my Karoq I.5 TSI DSG SE-Technology for two weeks now & I'm very pleased with it .Like you I had a '15 Reg 1.5 diesel Qashqai which was great but decided to go for a new car with a petrol engine & I'm very pleased I made the switch. Go for it, I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Karoq...Good luck with whatever you choose...Jimmer69
oldcynic73

Post by oldcynic73 »

Hi Jimmer
Thanks for that. The thing I am going to miss is the 360 view. Very handy for parking especially. I have never used the self park facility
jimmer69

Post by jimmer69 »

Hi oldcynic,yeah,have to agree with you about the 360 view but I've still got sensors front & rear but I do miss the cameras, lower spec than the Qashqai but a big saving on the monthly PCH payments, saving over £70 per month, was £264 mth now £191.