Due to take delivery early in May

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

My Yeti 1.6 Greenline 2 Elegance will fall out of its PCP contract in a couple of months after three and a half years with no issues apart from an occasionally reported fault with the wobbly headlight system (fault always cleared on restart).

I have to confess to being utterly underwhelmed by the Karoq styling but from the inside I don't have to look at it so in the end I decided I would just walk up to it with my eyes shut 8-). I have ordered the 1.5DSG in SE-L trim and added a few bits (heated steering wheel and front screen, and the blind spot eliminator. The dealer knew how happy I was with the Yeti and that I was intending to keep it at the end of the contract (albeit with an ECU remap looking likely) as a result I got a good deal on the new car with better than expected value for the Yeti and a few other toys thrown in to the new car. I have selected Emerald Green (not very emerald really, but what's in a name?) largely because I did not fancy any of the shades of shiny dog poo brown that VAG offers these days. hopefully, the green will be distinct enough to overcome the "lost in the car park" effect of all the faceless SUVs. (That was well demonstrated at the launch event when the salesman could not find the test Karoq in the dealers carpark without using the remote to flash the lights)

I was told the car was due to be built during the week just gone but have elected not to take delivery until May as I don't want to leave it in an airport carpark while on holiday at the end of April. the things I am really looking forward to are faster warm up (that diesel seems to take forever) a heated front screen and the DSG box. I will miss the miserly drinking habits of the diesel but not the clanky engine noise (actually it's not bad but the TSI is so much more refined).

Looking forward to sharing experiences with the new toy when I get it and hearing others tips and tricks in the meantime.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Well, the day is almost upon us; I am due to take delivery from Hughes in Aylesbury on Saturday.

I have had wheel rim protection and mud flaps added to the car and intend to fit a dash cam (possibly front and rear) sooner rather than later as it seems that every fool in the world has been driving around me recently. let's hope that the Karoq is as much fun to own as the Yeti has been and if anyone is looking for a tidy 1.6 Greenline Yeti; talk to Hughes :)

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Collected the car today. I was at least the second person to collect a Karoq from Hughes in Aylesbury today, the first one was leaving as I arrived.

Actually, when I say I collected mine I should say I collected most of mine. Somehow Skoda managed to forget to fit the reflector into the drivers' door card. Hughes has ordered one and will send it on to me as soon as they receive it, along with the double sided boot mat I am owed.

First drive and I'm loving the car. Now I need to spend the next couple of days sat on the drive with the book making sure I know how things work... (At present even KESSY is a bit of a mystery to me). there is a lot of carryover from the Yeti and other things I recognise from the wifes' Fabia, but still new things to work out.

Have fun,

Ian.

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

I remember those days sat on the drive...you'll notice your MPG drops as we found a lot of the set up had to be done with engine on. We were new to Skoda (have to remember petrol cap on other side) but we had had some of the features before on older vehicles but each brand seems to have a different way of doing things especially KESSY.

Enjoy, at least the sun is out, ours was a few days old and then it snowed like mad in Kent and ended up in the garage for a week so it didn't get cold...or scratched and dented. :D
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand