Black plastic over wheel arches

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
confused

Post by confused »

Does anyone know if when you buy a new Karoq can you get additional plastic body cover on the wheel arches on the 1.5 tsi SEL
I've asked at various Skoda Dealers and they don't seem to know.

bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

I think you can if you specify the 19 inch wheels, don't know why that makes a difference though! It was certainly an option when I used the configurator, but that was back in October.
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
Livrishind

Post by Livrishind »

I think you will find that only the two wheel drive 1.5 TSI Edition model comes with black plastic trim around the arches as this is the only one with 235mm wide tyres.
Karoq 1.5 TSI Edition DSG. Quartz grey. Beige leather.
Livrishind

Post by Livrishind »

Please let me know if anybody else has a problem with the Karoqs wiper system. First of all the drivers side seat supplied wiper juddered from new. Replaced with Bosch blades and the judder reduced but not completely. Second, rear wiper sound like a screeching banchi what ever the weather temperature. Third and most dangerous, if the windscreen is less than drenched with rain, the wiper motor does not seem powerful enough to sweep the blades across the screen. Blades will stop intermitantly, sometimes will not move from the rest position unless I use the washer system. I have done everything. Rubbed the screen with 0000 steelwool to remove all contaminates, applied rainX umpteen times, cleaned blades with rainX, WD 40 silicone spray. All to no avail. I can only replace the crap motor with a Different make. The first car I bought was a clapped out Ford Anglia 55 years ago and its wipers were far superior to the Karoqs. My last Skoda was an Octavia Scout which I had for ten years and loved. Based on my experience with the Octavia I bought the Karoq. General materials of the Karoq aren't as good a quality or robust as older Skodas. It will be the last car I purchase from the VAG group. I will go back to a Japanese or South Korean model now ASAP.
Karoq 1.5 TSI Edition DSG. Quartz grey. Beige leather.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I'm not sure why your post has popped up with earlier ones talking about 'black plastic over wheel arches', but perhaps something went wrong with the forum software??

Anyway, to answer your query, my front wipers were fine for the first six months (admittedly with me driving very few miles due to covid lockdowns) before they started juddering. But I was aware of people's problems with the factory-fitted wipers and replaced the front ones with Bosch Aerotwins. Since then I've had no problems at all for front or rear wipers (and I have the rear ones set to activate intermittently automatically when the from ones are working). I've never applied any treatments or solutions to the windscreen - except windscreen washer fluid.

I see that you joined the forum in 2018, so is your car that age too, and out of warranty? Or did you report the problem to your dealer before the warranty expired?

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I'm afraid juddering wipers is just a Skoda 'THING'!
Normally Bosch Aero blades solve the problem. Have you cleaned the windscreen with an alcohol based cleaner?
I'm afraid I agree with Livrishind. After 12 happy-ish years with Skoda, I have had enough of their worsening build quality and dubious quality parts. I am waiting delivery of my new Honda HR-V e:HEV!
I really don't see why we should have to spend £20 to replace duff wiper blades, from new. Skoda won't wear a warranty claim for them.
If your car is out of warrant I would still contact the dealer, to see if you can get at least a sympathetic contribution to a new wiper motor.If no joy go to an independent auto-electrician and see if they can do anything. OR sell the car and do as you say, Japanese or Korean.
Good luck!!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post