Your best discounts or freebies?

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
anna_banana

Post by anna_banana »

Hi everyone!

After much deliberation, I'm ready to order myself a 1.5 DSG Edition in Quartz Grey.
I've been on Carwow & received various best offers, but the best price is from a dealership over 100 miles away.
I have a local dealership, who only seem to be offering the current Skoda £1,500 deposit contribution & no more.
So, I have decided to try & get myself a good (local) deal!

Can I be cheeky & ask - what discounts/freebies did you manage to get?
Any other advice/haggling tactics that could you share please? ;)

Thank you in advance!

Grillygraham

Post by Grillygraham »

Hi I think I can help you here as I ordered my Karoq Edition 1.5 DSG in January. I did same as you obtained best price through carwow although through 4 alternative user profiles and different areas of the UK, then went to local dealers with best offer and asked if they could match, and also cheekily asked if they could match an offer on a Kodiaq which had a lot better discount as out a lot longer.
A few said they would match, although eventually best offer I obtained was from Lookers Skoda in Guildford who could match the 9% discount and also gave me a very good offer on my Yeti. They also suggested that I could take out the PCP deal therefore obtaining the £1500.00 discount and two free services, and if I paid off straight away would not pay any interest, so affectively I will end up paying just over 25K for a 29K list price car.
Hope I have been of help. If you want I can give you a contact at Lookers, just email them.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

We took out the pcp and paid off within the 14 day cooling off period but we still had to pay some interest so be aware Grillygraham as they charge interest per day.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Grillygraham

Post by Grillygraham »

OK thanks womenofkent for letting me know I shall make sure I pay off immediately, should be soon now hopefully?
anna_banana

Post by anna_banana »

Thank you for your replies.
I did a lot of research and preparation after posting, then went for a test drive and haggled my way into a very good deal.
I managed to get my local dealer to match the best price that I'd received through Carwow - A further discount on top of the £1500 discount for taking PCP (totalling 11.7% off). I also got the GAP insurance decreased from £399 to £249 and the Autoglym Lifeshine for free. I finally got them to agree to a full tank of fuel when I collect. Really glad that I managed to get the 1.5 DSG Edition for pretty much the SEL price, plus further discounts/freebies. There's definitely no harm in asking & haggling - you may just get what you want! :-)
Waggy1971

Post by Waggy1971 »

I went through carwow too and went to local dealer to see if they would matched.. They wouldnt and would only match finance price then declined my request for a test drive that i had booked unless i signed to buy that day...so told them to do one... Went 100 miles to horton skoda got 2500 off and no worry test drive.. So they got my business.. Worth the travel

Got my sel 2.0 dsg 4x4 coming in the next few weeks
Karoq SE L 2.0 DSG 4x4 - heated seats / windscreen / washjets - towbar - park assist - power boot - Assistance pack - Light Assist / light & Rain Assist - park assist with steering assist - LED Lighting pack - Quartz Grey
MASS1

Post by MASS1 »

Visited a couple of dealers to price up a 1.5 SEL. The first wouldn’t offer anything more than a £1500 PCP sweetener. However, the second dealer was offering (or was squeezed sufficiently to offer) the PCP sweetener plus a further £1700 off and a set of mud flaps. Not sure they had much left to offer and I was happy.