Plastic Trim on wheels

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
preetz

Post by preetz »

Hi, New to the group and have recently purchased my 1st Skoda and it is a KAROQ 1.5 SE L so far ideal for my requirements as i need to get a wheelchair and rollator in the boot.

So far my only moan about the car is the plastic trim attached to the alloy wheels makes it extremely difficult to clean the alloys is there a way of removing the plastic if so can someone let me know.

Also i find on occasions when slowing down approaching a junction and changing down the engine cuts out and it is not the start stop system as i am still moving, has anyone else come across this. I will be contacting the dealership i got the car from.

Any ideas would be helpful, Thanks.

Soup

Post by Soup »

It's only a guess because I don't have any experience of the wheel trims myself, but from what I've seen elsewhere these 'aerodynamic' things are a push fit.

If you can push them on you must be able to pull them off, though you may need to use the hook-type hubcap puller in what used to be called a toolkit...

As far as the engine cutting out while you're rolling to a stop is concerned, this irritating feature is designed in, I'm afraid.

The best solution is to remember to disable the stop/start each time you set off. You can't turn it off permanently - it'll reset itself every time you restart the engine.

Stop start is a pain in the arse anyway.

The fuel savings can only be minimal at best, and almost inevitably the car will stop the engine at the very moment you need it. It's all very well that it will restart if you wiggle the steering wheel or whatever, but it's all terribly counterintuitive when you spot a gap in the traffic and all the go has gone.
IanW

Post by IanW »

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I agree with 'Soup'.
Re the wheel trims and the start/stop function.

It IS a pain in the @rse . It does NOT save you petrol and at times it is dangerous. It is merely an industry sop to thr tree hugging green brigade, as is the removal of any type of spare wheel. Again the excuse is to save the planet but n fact it saves the manufactures about £30 acar, which, multiplied by the millions of cars they make, saves them an absolute fortune.
A WORD OF WARNING:_
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INTERFERE WITH THE WIRING/SWITCH OF THE START/STOP BUTTON. IF YOU CUT THE WIRES THE CAR WILL GO INTO DEAFULT MODE WHICH WILL PRECLUDE YOU FROM EVER STARTING IT AGAIN WITH OUT TECHNICAL REPAIRS!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I agree with 'Soup'.
Re the wheel trims and the start/stop function.

It IS a pain in the @rse . It does NOT save you petrol and at times it is dangerous. It is merely an industry sop to thr tree hugging green brigade, as is the removal of any type of spare wheel. Again the excuse is to save the planet but n fact it saves the manufactures about £30 acar, which, multiplied by the millions of cars they make, saves them an absolute fortune.
A WORD OF WARNING:_
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INTERFERE WITH THE WIRING/SWITCH OF THE START/STOP BUTTON. IF YOU CUT THE WIRES THE CAR WILL GO INTO DEAFULT MODE WHICH WILL PRECLUDE YOU FROM EVER STARTING IT AGAIN WITH OUT DEALER INTERVENTION
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post