Boot illumination.

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Settlerman

Post by Settlerman »

Hi just purchased my first Skoda Karoq. Very pleased with it except for the boot illumination. It’s abysmal. It’s a 2023 and no longer has the torch just a “glow worm” on the offside.

Soup

Post by Soup »

Settlerman wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:49 pm Hi just purchased my first Skoda Karoq. Very pleased with it except for the boot illumination. It’s abysmal. It’s a 2023 and no longer has the torch just a “glow worm” on the offside.
I don't know if your car's boot light is an LED, but if it is you could do a lot worse than try one of these: https://www.hypercolor.de/Ersatzplatine ... -LED-Modul

My car (a 2.0TSI) had a one candlepower LED, and it was pathetically weedy too. The replacement is miles better. Miles better.

You couldn't play a floodlit cricket match in the boot, but I didn't want to. Neither did I want a light so bright that I needed to put welding goggles on to find anything.

Kopacek (SuperSkoda) in the Czech Republic sell a complete LED-equipped fitting which does the same job but costs a whole heap more than this replacement LED.

It took me longer to type this than it did to swap them over.