New owner , over from the dark side!

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
IanW

Post by IanW »

Just acquired a 1.5 SEL DSG in black to replace my Mk4 Ford Focus 1.5 Titanium.
Needed an auto and something easier to get in and out of than the Focus as these old limbs & joints arent as good as they used to be!
My first Skoda, having had Fords for the last 8 years. Didnt like the Kuga though and was impressed with a test drive of a 1.5 DSG Karoq. Dealer had a couple of pre-reg (Oct 21) 1.5 SEL's with delivery miles and offered a good price for the Focus, so bit the bullet!.
Only had it for a few weeks but happy so far...

Ian

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Welcome Ian.

My 1.5 SEL DSG is now approaching 4 years old and I am still happy with the car (a few niggles with simply silly tech aside).

Ian (another one :-) ).
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
IanW

Post by IanW »

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the welcome.
heated screen
now that's the one thing I miss coming from Fords where every model (apart from the very basic) has one!.
If I'd still been working and going to the office every day then not having a heated screen would have been a deal breaker. However this last week I had to go out at 10:30 and the screen was still frozen , aagh!. If I'd been ordering a new Karoq then I wouldnt have hesitated to add the option but getting an 'off the peg' vehicle rather than waiting 6 months made better sense. I'll just have to not go out when its frosty :D

Ian
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

My Karoq is the first car I've had with a heated windscreen and steering wheel, although I've had heated seats for the last twenty odd years!

And just like the seats, it's an option I wouldn't be without now!!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post