Fitting a spare wheel to a Skoda Karoq 4x4

Suggestions & Help using the Skoda Karoq Forums
Vic

Post by Vic »

Reading the first instruction it blithely says- Remove the luggage-compartment floor covering. This seems to go under the rear seat floor covering and then has three studs. I would rather know the correct way to remove it rather than careering on blindly. Someone must have had the same problem. Any help gratefully received.

sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

See you haven't had a reply yet.

Doesn't the boot cover/carpet just lift up to reveal what's beneath.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

There's this thread which talks about replacing a spacesaver spare wheel with a fullsize one: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=568

Now the boot floor is too high in the 4x4 to take a fullsize spare, but if you need to raise the level of the boot mat to take the spacesaver presumably the instructions will still apply?

Do you have the wheel well in the boot floor in your car? Do you have the VarioFlex seats like the author the post I've linked to above? Perhaps a direct message to the author may get more information?

My 4x4 Sportline came with a spacesaver spare wheel, and the boot mat is supported above it by the plastic surrounds to the spare wheel. But I have the simpler folding bench seats in the rear rather than VarioFlex ones.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

My Sportline 2X4 came with a huff-puff-stuff kit.
I bought a spacesaver from my local 'scrappy', complete with jack and wheel brace, from a Tiguan for £70. Unmarked and unused.
I had a wheel well, so it was yet another nail in Skoda's coffin as far as I am concerned. They don't fir a spare wheel in the 2x4 because they just want to rip you off making you spend £120 for their spare kit. Obviously if you are off-roading, you have more risk of having a flat.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Manufacturers don't fit spare wheels as standard because the extra weight creates higher CO2 figures, but at least Skoda still offer them as options in some models. There are other manufacturers who don't make any provision for spare wheels in their cars! (And so these get crossed off my shortlists along with cars that have switched to touchscreen controls!)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

Vic, you do not have to actually remove the boot floor, just lift it until vertical and push it down behind the rear seats to keep it upright. Then you can access the spare wheel and tools.
My 21 plate Karoq SE-L 4x4 came with slim line spare wheel etc.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post