Front assist not available ACC error

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
sjose28

Post by sjose28 »

My Skoda Karoq dashboard display started showing the following errors.
1. Front assist not available (This is shown when I switch on the car)
2. When trying the Adaptive cruise control it shows "Error: ACC" and ACC does not work anymore.
I have attached two images that show the above.

Any advice from the forum members would be greatly appreciated. These errors started showing after the recent service in the dealership. I have informed the dealer booked another service.
I am at the end of the 3 years warranty and a bit confused about keeping the car or selling it due to a couple of issues that had happened before.

Model: Skoda Karok DSG (2019) covered hardly 5500 miles.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The front assist sensor is behind the central 'blank' panel on the radiator grill.

At times this can be covered by a leaf etc bringing up the error message, but if there is no visible obstruction to the radar beam then either the sensor is faulty, or there is a software bug. Either way your dealer should be able to rectify the fault.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
sjose28

Post by sjose28 »

CJJE wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:40 pm The front assist sensor is behind the central 'blank' panel on the radiator grill.

At times this can be covered by a leaf etc bringing up the error message, but if there is no visible obstruction to the radar beam then either the sensor is faulty, or there is a software bug. Either way your dealer should be able to rectify the fault.

Chris
Thank you for your reply, I cannot see the front of the sensor clearly through the 'blank' panel so not sure anything is stuck there, but the interesting thing is I started the car before some time, and all the errors are clear and ACC worked well for few miles before it failed again with the same error message.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

The sensor is right behind the solid black square in the middle of the rad grille. Cjje meant a visible leaf (or snow, or mud) on the black section.
i had this on one of my Karoqs. It even died in heavy rain just when it is need most. I was not impressed with the system.
I think it may be a glitch.You MUST get the dealer to sort it out before the warranty expires.
After 13 years and 8 Skodas, the main reason I switched to Honda was because of al these stupid and most annoying faults with Skodas. If you get a good one they are lovely cars, but the number of problems I experienced and the rise in complaints on this and the Kodiaq forum, finally made my mind up that I had had enough of cars in which I felt I could not trust the tech to work as it is designed to.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Canons

Post by Canons »

Hi sjose28 ,
Did you manage to sort our the Front assist not available error. I am having the same problem. The car is under warranty but the dealer has just messaged me that just to check will cost £179 and may need further investigations!!!! Will be grateful for any advice/info. Thank you.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

They only charge if they cannot find the fault. so if it is an intermittent fault you may be charged erroneously.
This is one of the reasons I decided to give up on VAG products. Suk also have a habit of denying there isa fault even when the forums are full of people complaining about the same thing. "We have never heard of that" is their usual bleat!
I would argue the point with your dealer pointing out strongly that it is intermittent, it IS under warranty and that you have no intention of being charged when it is not your fault.
Also Take it up with SUK customer services BUT ask to speak to a service MANAGER, the people that answer the 'phones are not technicians and basically they don't have the knowledge to assist you.
I would think that your dealer only has to plug into the car to find the fault codes which should take no more than 15 minutes so the charge you quote is excessive.
Good luck!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

I've just had my car in for service, and I asked them to look at the SOS system which gave fault warnings on 5 or 6 occasions. They did warn me about the charge. Investigation did show one logged fault, but on that day no warning. There was some kind of explanation about the embedded e-sim throwing faults when the system switched between providers. Interestingly the faults I had did not auto-clear, but disappeared after stopping and switchng off for a minute or so. Despite there being no logged faults, they did apply the latest update, and did not charge me, but the advisor did tell me that it would hae been better for them if there was a fault as they could charge the time spent to Skoda.
Canons

Post by Canons »

Thank you Collin. I informed the Manager that the car was under warranty and I should not be charged. He said 99% it will be sorted under the warranty unless the fault was not warranty related in which case they have to let me know of the charge. I had a call yesterday from the Service Manager that they found a fault for "Front Assist not available". They have ordered a "control unit" which will take 2 weeks - under warranty and no charage.. I hope that will remove the sign from the dashboard and hopefully not create any other problem!!
Thank you so much..
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post