Owners real MPG experience with 1.5l 150 ps model

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Robimoo

Post by Robimoo »

Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Karoq with the 1.5 l 150ps engine. I was wondering what real user MPG people are getting. For urban, combined, etc.

I know it won’t have the economy of a Diesel and I never believe the ‘official’ manufactures values.

Thanks.

sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Have you checked out Honest John Real MPG.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

My 3 Karoqs all 1.5 DSG did about 33 round town on a longish journey. (25 if I just pop to my local shops , 2 miles from cold.) 35-40 extra-urban hammering it and the most I ever got out of it was extra-urban small A B roads, through various small villages over 40 miles, was 56.3.
Ignore Skoda figures, like most manufacturers they are b*llox! they often tape up the door handles, fold the door mirrors back and over inflate the tyres just to get the most (unrealistic) consumption figures.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Soup

Post by Soup »

kodiaq wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:33 amIgnore Skoda figures, like most manufacturers they are b*llox! they often tape up the door handles, fold the door mirrors back and over inflate the tyres just to get the most (unrealistic) consumption figures.
There isn't much point taping up door handles and folding mirrors back on a rolling road.

The only way to get fuel consumption figures which can be compared to those of other cars (whether from the same manufacturer or a different one) is to do the test under controlled conditions which can be replicated by everybody else.

And the only way to achieve those controlled conditions is on a rolling road.

If a car is driven under anything resembling 'normal' conditions (i.e. on a real road, outside) there are far too many variables to make any kind of meaningful comparison impossible.

Manufacturers' consumption figures are provided for one reason only, and that's to enable a comparison between vehicles under a set of strictly-controlled and repeatable standards.

That's why the rolling roads will all be calibrated, and it's why the cars will be 'driven' on it to a prescribed program of acceleration, deceleration, cruising and idling for prescribed periods of time at a prescribed temperature.

They were never intended to provide you or me with an indication of what sort of fuel consumption we might get in real life.

If you get something close to the figures they get in the test facility then good for you, but to expect your car to do that - and get all aerated when it doesn't - is nonsense.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Point taken. I'm living in the past when they did the job like to owners do....On the road.
This is why the manufacturers WLTP figure bear little resemblance to real life!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)