infotainment display

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
johnmaher

Post by johnmaher »

Hi dont know if this has been asked before ,but how do you change the display on the infotainment system when you leave the car? Mine says Goodbye Francis. Any ideas? Also how do you delete multiple contacts in the phone menu?

Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

When you get in the car and start it does it say' Hello Francis'. It must be getting the info from the programmable key. I've had a quick look and I can't find info on updating the key info.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

It sounds like the car's User Account is still set up for someone called Francis. Did it have a previous owner before you bought it? If so the dealer should have done a factory reset to remove this data, as it leaves the previous owner possibly able to control vehicle functions and receive information about the new users and the vehicle.

So what you need to do is delete the old User Account and set up your own. Full details of the procedure are in the Owners Manual, in the Online Services section. (The details will vary depending on the Infotainment System fitted to your car, and its age so I can't be more specific.)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post