Brakes shuddering at all speeds

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
johnmaher

Post by johnmaher »

Hi all I've just taken delivery of a Karoq 1.6 desiel auto and when i bought it the dealer assured me that he would replace the discs and pads all round. As the car had been idle for 4 months and the girl who owned the car lived by the sea.There was rust on the discs. So to save any hassle he'd replace them. He also gave me a full 2 year warranty.
The car was due for its NCT (MOT) and it passed no issue.
However whilst driving the car 2 days later I began to feel the brake pedal vibrating and subsequently felt the vibration in the cabin.
My local dealer is a pain in the backside to deal with,especially the girl on service reception.
So my question is if they refuse to replace the brakes all round what can I do?

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

John,
You are in Ireland I presume?
It does sound as though the dealer did not do what he promised.
I suggest you email the sales manager and copy in the Service manager.
If that gets you nowhere you should elevate it, possibly with a solicitors letter. Did you have anything in writing regarding the replacement?
Being in Ireland your sales of goods act will be the EU version which I know nothing about.
Good luck!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Mike sandy

Post by Mike sandy »

I went to Morecambe to buy a 68 plate karoq 1.0 sel for my son in law , same problem with rust brakes , I ended up with £120 off price , to put towards brakes , it's amazing how bad they have to be to fail the mot , as long as they work and don't bind.
These were up to Skoda standard !!!
I replaced all the discs and pads

IMG_20220212_123616.jpg

Karoq 1.5 SE with tow bar
Dark blue metallic