Software issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
stevethedowser

Post by stevethedowser »

Today I got an alert on the Dash, I looked on vehicle status screen to find a rather worrying error message. "Error: emergency call. Please visit workshop" I promptly went to my local dealer who informed me that it is a known software fault and an update will be required. They will need the car all day because it will take 4 hours at least.
I was told that it is OK to carry on driving, just thought I'd let members know for future reference.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Is that the message saying that the SOS Emergency Call isn't available as there is no connection to the internet? (No green light above mirror).

I've had that one, and found that on my next journey my User Profile wouldn't load and the radio and maps were also unavailable.

As you say, it is a known fault, cured in my case by updating the system software from 0270 to 0276. (Later versions are now available and may be installed instead.) Annoyingly, dealers are only allowed to update the software when owners report a fault linked to the earlier versions, and not at a main service as a preventative measure!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Skoda should IMHO, ditch this system, it has been nothing but trouble since 2017 when introduced on the first Kodiaq.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

kodiaq wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:32 am Skoda should IMHO, ditch this system, it has been nothing but trouble since 2017 when introduced on the first Kodiaq.
I believe all new cars have to have an emergency call system fitted by law now, and the latest software updates seem to have cured the initial bugs.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

You are correct in your first comment.
It is just such a shame that Skoda have persisted with a flawed system for 5 years and then have to rely on software updates, when it should work 'out of the box'.
It is persistent problems like this that finally, after 8 Skodas, made me change to a manufacturer where everything works as it should from day one without all the faffing about.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
NascarMike

Post by NascarMike »

Got mine booked in for tomorrow, for exactly the same "SOS error", however at the moment it's currently working.
Dealer informed me it's a "known problem", only had it first service 2 months ago.

Why on earth dont they just upgrade it at the first opportunity.

Gives dealer/Skoda a bad image.
NascarMike

Post by NascarMike »

Updated software duly installed today by the dealer today who informed me that they were doing about 3 cars a week for this particular problem.

Keeping my fingers crossed that will be the end of it.
country_est

Post by country_est »

Just had mine in for its first service and the dealer said there was a software update and it would be done at the same time. Didn't specify what updates and I forgot to ask, but all is working OK and didn't have that error message.
Emerald Green 190Bhp DSG Scout 4x4

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post