SATNAV loses position

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
NascarMike

Post by NascarMike »

Cars been into the workshop, to be informed that a new module is needed and it will be another 4 weeks approx before they get one due to a backlog.

Hopefully that this will sort out the issue.

We will wait and see.

rxpaul

Post by rxpaul »

I had the GPS losing position issue again yesterday. It happened on the internal maps & on the car-play connected phone.

Again it was associated with the "SOS Call workshop" error, but what was strangers that it (loss of GPS position) was no immediate. It took about 5-10 mins before it began to "wander"

I still think it's odd that it affects car play attached phones. *That said* there is some aviation navigation stuff (for light aircraft) that has to have it's own GPS receiver, because an iPhone (apparently) can't transmit location info by Bluetooth so receives position data from the other system. I guess this is an analogous situation.

Paul
Karoq 2020 (70) 1.5 TL Auto
Pegasus

Post by Pegasus »

Hi Mike, I've just joined this forum as I am coming over to the UK next year for 4 1/2 months (April - August).

I'm considering buying a 2nd hand Karoq for the duration as the cost of a hire car for that length of time is prohibitive (4K - 6K GBP), plus the choices of SUV's are pretty thin.

Having read through some of the forum entries I'm wondering if I'd be better off looking at an older Yeti, as they seem to have a better reputation.

Something between 10K and 20K GBP - which I'd hopefully be able to sell quickly and at not too much of a loss.

Hope you are any other interested person might give me a bit of advice.

Cheers

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post