SATNAV loses position

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
brookhurst

Post by brookhurst » Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:46 pm

I have a Karoq SE Drive 1.5 with a problematic satnav system. The car was purchased new in April 2021 and the problems started after a few weeks. When driving with or without a destination specified, the displayed position will randomly start to deviate from the actual position of the car. There is nothing consistent about where or when it starts, and the error can be a street away, or several miles after driving for some time. When the car is left overnight, it generally 'finds itself' again. It has been into a dealer at least 7 times so far and had various s/w updates, replacement aerial, replacement control unit, but still have an issue. They thought the control unit would fix it because they installed a unit from a donor vehicle which worked fine for about 4 weeks, but the new one they finally installed failed after 2 days and an 'automatic update' requested on day 2.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen this sort of problem, if so what was the fix. Any advice appreciated.

I am currently waiting for the dealer to get a reply from Skoda technical so they have an idea what to do next!

LarryKing

Post by LarryKing » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:59 pm

Hi we have the same problem. Any luck getting it sorted?

sanqhar

Post by sanqhar » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:09 pm

When my MiB 2 satnav seems to not be following the where the car is I touch the screen button that sort of looks like a computer mouse. That seems to lock the screen onto the red arrowhead that signifies where the car is (or in your case it might be where it thinks the car is).

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post