Something Smells

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
kennyp14

Post by kennyp14 »

I purchased my Karoq SEL at end of September. As one would expect absolutely delighted with it (changed from a Kodiaq). Last week my wife and I took a break away to scottish highlands and car performed really well,so far so good.
We came home on Thursday and parked it up at home, the next morning taking my daughters to college,when i got in the car there was the foulest smell you could imagine (like rotten eggs). Now as we live in a farming area i thought initially the local farmers had been muck spreading on the fields, but no. The next day after leaving the car overnight the smell was there again. I have checked everywhere inside the car and it is clean. Has anyone had any similar issues?.
My main worry is that it could be connected to the Cat/exhaust which may be leaking fumes into the car. I intend to contact my local dealer on Monday but would just like to know if this is a one off or common. Thanks

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Unfortunately, I don't think this is the same as the question above yours. From Chatlow.
It does sound (smell ;) ) like a CAT problem. I should contact the dealer to be safe.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)