Horn not working

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Rod Anderson

Post by Rod Anderson »

Hi - having just purchased a used 2019 Karoq, I noticed the horn isn't working - on checking the fuse box in the engine compartment, the fuse ( no.15 ) is missing. Puzzled as to why this should be - a simple mistake or something else ?? ( Model 1.5 tsi DSG 4x4 ) Would appreciate words of wisdom ! Thank you.

Soup

Post by Soup »

1) A 2019 model will still have some manufacturer's warranty left, so ultimately you can get it fixed at a dealer - for free - if there's actually a fault.

2) In the meantime, if it was me, I'd replace the missing fuse and see if the hooter works.

If it doesn't, refer to No.1

Fuses are two a penny, so you've got nothing to lose. You won't make yourself liable for anything if you replace a fuse with another one of the correct rating and it doesn't solve the problem.
Last edited by Soup on Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Perhaps another fuse blew and they robbed this one.

Otherwise go with 'Soup'

Get a fuse and try it. If that one blows take the car back to the dealer or just play the innocent and take the car back to the dealer after all it is their problem.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

A car without a working horn is clearly not fit for purpose, so (assuming you bought it from a dealer) take it back and tell them to sort it out. I'd be asking myself why the fuse was missing. Was it because there was a fault that kept blowing it? Did they give it an inspection before selling it to you?

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Rod Anderson

Post by Rod Anderson »

Guys - thank you - eminently sensible advice ! Had wondered if this was a common problem, but appears not....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post