Fuel Filler Flap Solenoid Failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Clarabo

Post by Clarabo »

Hi, I own a June, 2018 Karoq Petrol 1.5 TS manual UK spec. model. The fuel filler flap and the connection with the electronic protruding pin has now failed and the pin and flap entry do not line up & therefore it cannot be clicked shut on to the pin. The flap just now hangs unclosed. I've read somewhere, and it might have been within this forum, that Skoda UK recognise it is a 'known fault', but are they or will they do something about it? The car has only covered just less than 15000 miles but the 3 year warranty has now expired by 4 months. I realise I may be on 'sticky ground' but I would like to think that Skoda UK having recognised this as a 'known fault' would hopefully replace/reimburse  the cost of replacing the parts needed to fix the problem. Technically, Is it just a job of replacing this electric solenoid? Looks as though the inside fuel panel and relevant connections would have to be disconnected/replaced!? So, should I visit my local franchised dealer and ask for their help/advice? What do you think they would say to my 'expired' warranty? Or should I contact Skoda UK direct before going to the local dealer? Any advice or experiences would be very welcome.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post