Warning lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
scorpion2

Post by scorpion2 »

I have had my new Karoq 1.5 SEL DSG now for 4 months and driven 700 miles. This is my first Skoda and I really love driving the car but a bit disappointed that after filling with petrol at Tesco two weeks ago a warning light appeared on the dash - an engine block. I looked this up and it was potential emission fault, although it did not affect the engine performance at all. I took it to the dealer; they quickly removed the offending light and said it was a 'glitch'. Great, resolved. Ah, but after 10 miles the light reappeared! And when I got home the stop start function isn't working, ie the engine does not switch off when parked at traffic lights etc. And yes, I have tried it with the switch activated. Has anyone else had a similar experience. It does dampen my enthusiasm for the car as I now have to take it back to the dealer for a full check, wasting my time and mileage.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Cars are mobile computers nowadays, and suffer from software malfunctions every now and again. Usually the errors disappear when you stop and restart the engine, but I haven't experienced the faults you have seen. Instead my car has an occasional hiccup and tells me the dynamic road signs, lane assist and travel assist aren't working (these indicate the windscreen mounted camera hasn't activated properly, or the windscreen is dirty) but turning off the ignition and restarting clears the 'fault'.

Another annoying fault is when the mapping software forgets I'm in the UK and starts showing me speed limits in Km/h (ie a 45 sign in a 30 area.)

It's not just Skoda/VAG of course, if you look at other forums you'll see Volvo owners etc are just as aggrieved.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Ian Grist

Post by Ian Grist »

The stop start system won’t operate when the battery is drawing a lot of power from the air conditioning etc.
Mine hade the same problem in the Summer ( I’m in Australia) and as soon as the weather turned cool and I wasn’t using the aircon the stop start operated correctly…..or perhaps You need to recharge your battery
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

My stop/start sometimes does not activate for days. Depends on the type of journeys I'm doing i.e. short ones. Remember the battery in general gets charged on the overrun.

It's all in the intricacies of the software.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post