Karoq sat nav

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Hunstanton77sunset

Post by Hunstanton77sunset »

I have a new Karoq 1500auto.great car , cannot fault it bar for one thing.on my last car.if you did not want to go on the motorway,s you could omit the motorway s,and you could also ask the satnav for the quickest route Planner .I can not find any way to do this on my new car.any ideas.
Regards bill

Hunstanton77sunset

Post by Hunstanton77sunset »

I have a Karoq 1500auto New car.cannot find fault with the car.bar one thing.on my last car if you did not want to go on the motorways you could omit motorways so as you could go by A roads etc.you could also type in the shortest route possible.i cannot find these on my satnav any ideas
Regards bill
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Since summer 2020 the Karoq has been fitted with the MIB3 infotainment system. Unfortunately the new 3rd generation system has removed several of the features that we enjoyed in the 1st and 2nd generation systems, including the ability to set the satnav with our preferred rout options and choose between the shortest route, the quickest route or the most economical route. Now we are presented with a choice on the map, but only distinguishing between them by their travelling times.

This is now common across all VAG cars as they all use the same software. Improvements are being promised, but it will need a lot of owners complaining to Skoda, VW, Audi and SEAT to make VAG prioritise correcting the MIB3 software over the problems they are having with their electric car software!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
AMcK

Post by AMcK »

I have the Amundsen Sat Nav on my 2022MY Karoq SE Drive. It is possible to select the parameters for the route calculation but only, as far as I can tell, after the route has been calculated and shown on screen! At the point the route options are shown, the screen shows the settings 'wheel' next to a 'road' in the bottom right hand corner. If you select that then you can delete or add motorway usage.

Hope that works for you.

Allan
KenA

Post by KenA »

Can you set way points in the Amundsen Navigation? i.e once route to destination has been set can you adjust to say avoid a particular place on the route. This is for a 2023 Karoq SE L.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Once you have chosen a route, if you then add a new destination you will be asked whether this is a waypoint on your route or a new destination I believe. But I don't know a way to avoid a particular place apart from steering the route away from it by selecting a waypoint that will discourage the car from going towards it. (This is for MIB3 systems as provided since MY21 cars.)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
KenA

Post by KenA »

CJJE,
Many thanks for this info. I will give it a go.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post