Car locking if unattended

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Kelly80

Post by Kelly80 »

Hi all

Few weeks into owning my Karoq, 2018 SE model Auto. I must have forgot to lock the car last night and I was a bit surpised it was still unlocked this morning. I assumed it would auto lock after a certain time period if not locked with the remote key (its noy keyless spec).

I've hunted around the manual and car set up but cannot find anything that refers to auto locking other than if you unlock but then no doors/boot is opened within 45 secs it will lock again.

Any help/advice appreciated

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Nope... I can't recall any car that I've owned deciding to lock itself if you leave it open.

The only related features are that it will lock the doors if you unlock them but don't open one (as you state above) and also that it can lock the doors when you drive off (handy if you drive in bandit country and want to stop unwelcome people jumping into your car when you're stopped in traffic).

However if you've had the feature authorised by your dealer, you can get the car to lock or unlock remotely by using the Skoda Connect phone app.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Kelly80

Post by Kelly80 »

Thanks Chris

Both my prior cars had this function (Hyundai and Vauxhall). Didn't lock immediately but would after a period if the car had been exited and not locked with the remote. Not that I have a habit of leaving the car unlocked and I only noticed it on both prior vehicles by chance.

Oh well it's not a major thing just wanted to sense check that there was not a fault on my Karoq

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post