Jack type

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
chrisaaaaa

Post by chrisaaaaa »

Car came with the blow up kit, so would like to add in a real spare, space saver should be fine.

Online I can see a couple of variations, the std scissor type jack, and the newer 'side-arm'? type, some with molding to the side for the tools and some with a molding inside the wheel for the kit.

For a 2021 2WD with the removable seats, what should it look like?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Caffyns offer an official spare wheel kit here: https://seat-skoda.caffynsparts.co.uk/p ... -kit-copy/ for £250.

And the owners manual shows a scissor jack.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Scissor is standard as far as I know.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
chrisaaaaa

Post by chrisaaaaa »

Thanks all, got the kit from Caffyns, came with a scissor jack, and foam to left of tyre to fit the gubbins into. Wow the spacesaver is heavy, I can see why you can get alloy space savers now.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I paid £70 for a VAG unused, unmarked spacesaver with ditto jack and tools (no foam block) from my local scrappy. So the foam block cost you £180!
I wrapped the tools in heavy duty bubblewrap and out them inside the upside down spacesaver
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)