Service schedule query

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

chrisaaaaa wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:57 pm So no 'long life' oil for Skoda services then?
When I book my car in for a service (Citigate, Slough) they offer me an "oil upgrade" at extra cost. I did ask whether that means that they generally use oil that does not meet the manufacturers specification. However, apart from a red face, I did not get an answer.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

RtHTGunner

Post by RtHTGunner »

chrisaaaaa wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:57 pm So no 'long life' oil for Skoda services then?

All Karoqs will leave the factory with 'long life' oil - they have to, because at that point, no-one knows if they will be set to variable or fixed term servicing. So changing the schedule from one to the other in the first few thousand miles of a car's life won't make any difference.

My Karoq is 16 months old and has done 18k miles and is just about to have its first service, which will cost £234
My gf's Golf is 24 months old and has done 15k miles and has just had its second service, she paid £180 for the first and £240 for the second service.

I'll only have my Karoq for two or three years tops so variable works for me.
chrisaaaaa

Post by chrisaaaaa »

RtHTGunner wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:24 pm

All Karoqs will leave the factory with 'long life' oil - they have to, because at that point, no-one knows if they will be set to variable or fixed term servicing. So changing the schedule from one to the other in the first few thousand miles of a car's life won't make any difference.

My Karoq is 16 months old and has done 18k miles and is just about to have its first service, which will cost £234
My gf's Golf is 24 months old and has done 15k miles and has just had its second service, she paid £180 for the first and £240 for the second service.

I'll only have my Karoq for two or three years tops so variable works for me.
Thanks that makes sense.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post