Faulty panoramic sunroof shade

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
sjose28

Post by sjose28 »

I have an issue with my Skoda Karoq panoramic sunroof shade, sunroof shade does not close completely, it goes back after reaching half of the total area. It also creates some wired noise while moving, something like the shade panel moving on top of broken glass. The shade cloth is getting folded at the rear end when the shade is fully moved to the rear (when it is completely open). I have examined the rail where the shade panel is moving back and forth for any obstructions (broken glass - because of the wired noise) but I cannot find any. I also checked the sunroof, it is all in good shape broken parts.
Then I had taken it to the local Skoda dealer after the initial examination he said he need to completely remove the roof part and roughly quoted it can cost up to 1000£.
I also have added the video links that show the problem. Had anyone faced similar kinds of issues? Or anyone knows what could be the problem?

Thanks

video links:

Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

As you have quoted the price in Euros, I would guess you are not in the UK and may have different warranties. As the Karoq has not been around that long, is yours not still under warranty?
sjose28

Post by sjose28 »

The price quoted is in UK Pounds(GBP) and the car is late 19 reg. The dealer has mentioned I may not get a warranty if the damage doesn't come under a manufacturing defect.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Surely it's covered by the UK warranty then... unless you've damaged it in some way by having something in the boot hitting it?

Can you use a more customer-friendly dealer, who's not just trying to get rid of you??
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I can't explain the crackling noise, but whenever the shade , roof or windows back-off like that something is obstructing it. Since it's already bu**ered, try pulling it forward as you press the button. GENTLY!!
I agree with the other poster, I think the dealer is trying to scare you off, try another dealer and NOT a large group.Where are you? (This is why I ask everyone to put their location on their details. It makes it easier for others to help you!) you could also ring Skoda Customer Services and tell them what the dealer said to you. 0333 003 7504
Alternatively, you could wind it back and never use it. I never use mine. Then when it comes to P/X ing it, do so with the dealer, who will have forgotten the problem by then and get lumbered with the problem. Serve them right! :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post