USB Audio in instead of Audio Linein on Skoda Karoq

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

I don't suspect a fault but just query ......can I play USB Audio direct in to the USB-C ports on Karoq using a media app etc.
My new karoq does not have Audio Linein or Audio Auxin so was wondering if a USB Audio Adaptor having Line in would allow direct audio input through the adaptor and into media as a USB Audio port..
The Karoq USB-C ports work when playing Audio on an Android phone in via the USB-C and also audio mp3 and wav files on a memory stick play if plugged direct in to the USB-C ports

24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

Don't know for certain, but no reason to think it won't work. As you say, you can play media via usb-c sockets on Karoq. If you used to play via an aux in socket, and still have your media on the device you used for that, then try one of these
Cheap so not a problem if it doesn't work for you.
Otherwise put your media on a flash drive to go direct into USB-C socket - I use this one
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

Thanks for reply
Yes, I was thinking about getting one of these adaptor dongles with the 3.5mm socket.
Most or maybe all seem to be for headphones giving Left and Right stereo output to the headphone speakers and have 1 pin for mic in using a TRRS headphone plug that plugs into the dongle 3.5mm socket. Also there are "Active" dongles and "Passive" dongles. The Passive ones are apparently just wired connection requiring the USB-C socket in the car to be able to deal with the analog signal from/to the headphone. The Active dongle has a chip within the dongle and so processes the the signal from/to the USB socket so the Car socket needs to be I assume "more USB standard" and able to deal with the digital audio signals only, the dongle does the rest. That is the problem I don't know the Spec for the USB-C sockets in the Karoq, cannot find it in the manual.
What I want to do is plug in a musical instrument and play direct (or any other device giving lineout output) over the car speakers. most musical instruments are Lineout to plug into linein socket and have 3.5mm TRS plug. (Tip Ring Screen)
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

I could suggest a call to Skoda service line (or an email) to see if they can expand on the USB-C socket capabilities, but somehow I don't hold out much hope that the question would get in front of the right people..
I think it's going to be a case of starting off with the cheapo 3.5mm adapter and seeing if it will work. If it doesn't then it would suggest the USB-C socket in the car only handles digital (which is my guess).
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

I have a USB-C to USB-A adapter that allows me to plug in phone with a usb lead or a memory stick with mp3 files stored on it, this bit works OK.
The only other device I have at the moment is a small USB Audio Adapter USB-A to Lineout and Mic sockets. Actually an external soundcard for a PC or Laptop and this works ok on PC or laptop. WhenI plug this into Karoq USB-C sockets the only option that detects it is the Mirrorlink. It identifies it as C-Media device but says it cannot connect.
Thanks for your help I will try some other devices you suggested when I get them and see...........

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post