Locking issues - please help!

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Sazell

Post by Sazell »

Hello,

I got a 2018 skoda karoq last week and the day after had some issues with locking. Namely, at around 10 to 15 miles an hour the car would automatically lock (which is fine) but then any time on the journey I returned to these speeds the car would sound like it was locking and unlocking repeatedly. This is particularly annoying in stop start traffic.

Secondly, I could not get the drivers door to lock. I'll come back to this one later.

I took it back to the dealer who watched me try to unlock it with the fob and then pull the handle to open it and so told me that the car was locked but that I was automatically unlocking it. I said I wasn't sure this was the case as me and my partner has locked it, walked a good distance from the car with the fob, and then one of us returned to the car to see the driver's door was still unlocked.

He took it 'round the back' and returned to tell me that four staff had all tested it and found no issues. As I'd upgraded from a 2008 Honda Jazz I have had no experience of this fancy locking system so was prepared to accept I am just technologically challenged. He reset the fob and since then there have been no issues.

However, here I am five days later with the same issue. Today I unlocked the car via stroking the handle but then opened the back door first (unsure if this is relevant) and now I'm back to driving listening to the doors lock and unlock at low speeds. I also don't believe the front door is locked but don't know how to check if pulling the handle unlocks it.

Please help!

sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

When locking the car make sure you do not touch the back of the handle. Easy to do.
I generally touch the sensor to lock the car using the back of my hand to make sure I didn't inadvertently unlock it with my fingers.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

Re automatic locking at above 5 - 10mph, there should be a setting option in the infotainment system so that you can disable the function. Try that to see if it deals with the locking/unlocking issue when driving.
bingobanjo

Post by bingobanjo »

Did you ever get a resolution to this at all? I have precisely the same problem

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post