Traffic sign recognition retrofit

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Swprugby

Post by Swprugby »

Hi everyone
Just taken delivery of my new 21 plate Karoq Sportline and wondering if it’s possible for Skoda or anyone else to fit or activate traffic sign recognition and or lane assist. If so roughly how much if anyone knows
Thanks in advance appreciated.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Both options use a front-facing camera in front of the rear-view camera, as well as activating software modules. If the camera is not fitted, then adding it and enabling the software is likely to be very expensive. I've seen Kodiaq owners asking the same question (Google to find the threads in other forums) but without any sign they've gone ahead and added them retrospectively.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
wiggie35

Post by wiggie35 »

I have just swapped a 3 year old Karoq Edition for a new MY21 Edition and noticed the road speed signs are not shown on the navigation map as was the case on the previous vehicle. They can be shown as follows: open navigation screen > with a wave of the hand, at the bottom right corner [3] dots are shown; press/ open > open 'settings' (bottom of screen) > open 'route guidance' > scroll down to 'road signs' > tick 'show on map' > open 'speed warnings' > open 'display' (and choose preference).