Service schedule?

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Trogglet

Post by Trogglet »

Forgive me if this is somewhere blindingly obvious, but I can't find a service schedule for my Karoq.
The car is just over a year old, and the dealer would like £141 to service it. However, they seem totally vague about what this entails. And I don't know if it's on a variable service or a short service or, indeed what each might be. I don't think I'm meant to ask questions. Just pay the money and say thankyou.
If anyone knows of this rare and precious document / service schedule, I would be most grateful.
Karoq SEL 1.5 petrol. Delivered 1 day before lockdown.
Previously Octavia II

caravancrazy

Post by caravancrazy »

Forgive me for asking you what model off Skoda Karoq that you currently have as for example my wife has the 1.5 tsi 150 SEL , WHEN WE COLLECTED HER CAR LAST OCT 2020, the salesman told us that as the car has long life oil in the engine which has the advantage off the engine oil only needs changed every two years so it might be worth checking with your dealer also when you bought your car you should have been given a black folder containing your handbook along with your service book which gets stamped when the car is serviced it should also tell you at what milage / every 2 years your service is due, it could be the person in the dealership is not up to speed when the various Skoda models are due engine oil change / service
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

VAG haven't supplies a paper service handbook for several years now as all records are held on their servers.

Details of the various service costs are here: https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/servicin ... ixed-price

And the schedule for fixed term services are here: https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/8b70c541-7 ... ebc7ca520b

Flexible Service schedules are only recommended if you drive more than 10,000 miles per year, and although your car is normally supplied set to the flexible service schedule (where the car's computer decides when it's time for an oil change) the supplying dealer will set it to whichever you want on its pre-delivery inspection.

I believe the Car/Settings menu will let you find when your next service is due... which will indicate the type of service and whether you are set to fixed term or flexible term by how far away it is.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

CJJE wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:35 pm Flexible Service schedules are only recommended if you drive more than 10,000 miles per year, and although your car is normally supplied set to the flexible service schedule (where the car's computer decides when it's time for an oil change) the supplying dealer will set it to whichever you want on its pre-delivery inspection.
For anybody with a car on a lease or PCP, when I collected my Yeti I was told that the lease companies will not generally allow flexible service intervals. I don't know if that is still the case but would not be surprised.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Trogglet

Post by Trogglet »

Thankyou, gentlefolk all.
I don't really think it had a PDI, as such, so no options there. In fact, if it had had a PDI, maybe the salesmen would have been able to open the bonnet (it took two of them and a can of WD40)
And even if the thing is set to flexible, I imagine I need to have an annual service to keep the warrenty
Or do I?
The info from Skoda doesn't mention a first year service, and the dealers don't seem to know what is involved, either. Apart from paying them money, of course.
Oh dear, you won't like me if I get all cynical and twisted. I will try not to.....
Take care ..... T
Previously Octavia II
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

If you are set to flexible servicing, the first service could well be after around 18 months. But later on it gets confusing as the oil changes will be required when the car decides the oil has deteriorated... but i'm pretty sure that things like brake fluid changes, air filter changes, aircon services etc are still required on a triannual/biannual basis.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Trogglet

Post by Trogglet »

Update!
The dealers nagged me after one year, but I ignored that.
The car said service due after 2 years, and I agree as 508 oil (if that is what it is) should easily last 2 years and 5000 miles with no short journeys.
However, dealer insists on what appears to be first service (oil and inspection) plus second service (extended scope)
Well, they would.
So that's a splosh of oil and a new filter (hopefully) and a jolly good poke round by a really experienced person (maybe) for £220.
Time for the job 90 minutes. Call it £40 for the oil, 10 for the filter, that makes 113 per hour labour. In darkest Wiltshire.
Hmm
Previously Octavia II
Trogglet

Post by Trogglet »

Another update - the thread that just keeps giving!
So, as noted, I asked for a first service i.e. oil and inspection, but had to agree that plus an extended scope inspection. Well I wanted to keep the warranty...
Turns out I got neither, I got a first variable service, which costs almost as much but misses out most of the useful bits like road test; remove wheels and check brakes; that sort of thing.
The job ticket now says 60 mins not 90.
And I still don't know what oil it got, cos Mobil super 3000 F-V could be 0w-20, 0w-30, or 5w-30. None of which is suitable anyway if Mobil say they are good for 1 year, not 2.
BTW I couldn't find details of variable service from VW., but centralaudivw seem to have the details under longlife service.
I'm so sorry, this really is a continuous winge. If I find anything nice to tell you I'll do so immediately!
Previously Octavia II
bryfly48

Post by bryfly48 »

My Karoq just had its first service and the paper work says they used

longlife 4 Shell 00-20w, if that helps....
Fraser B

Post by Fraser B »

Hi Trogglet,

Hope these help you out.

Fraser

Screenshot_2022-05-25-19-59-19-43_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-25-19-59-27-31_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post