Start / stop

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

Here is an update on the above problem with the vehicle status on screen apart from the high comsumption it now shows engine must be running this I found confusing as I was doing 40 mph at the time so any advice on this will be helpful as I am trying to get dealership to sort it out or is this the norm thanks all for previous help and advice

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

MTaylor26 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:43 pm I have just charged my battery because I have been concerned my car has struggled to turn over although always started now showing a standing voltage of 12.26V when running I am only getting 13.3V and that is without anything on someway short of the 14.1+ mentioned would you think I have an alternator problem? Thanks
Before jumping to any conclusions I'd check the voltages with another (preferably calibrated) meter. The voltage on my car is around 14.1v when the engine is running but droops back below 12v within an hour or so of stopping the engine. (I notice the low resting voltage because my dashcam switches off if the voltage drops below a pre-set threshold, I currently have that set to 11.7v and it is rare for the camera to be in parking mode when I go to the car in the morning.)

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post