Skoda connect

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
e999sam

Post by e999sam »

What do you get with Skoda connect. One of the things I thought would be useful was the ability to plan a route in google maps or in the Skoda connect app and then send it to my car. The problem is that although I can go through all the steps on my phone or tablet and send them to my car my car doesn’t receive them. I’ve spoken to my dealer my dealer and they say Skoda says it’s not available. I have also spoken to Skoda and so far they have failed to come up with an answer. My Karoq is an SEL with a Amundsen.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

According to the Skoda Connect help page:

"TRIP PLANNER
"Why is it not possible to send destinations to the vehicle?
"We are currently working on introducing this function. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

So with luck it will become available by the time we are allowed to make journeys!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
e999sam

Post by e999sam »

Thanks Chris, you would have thought Skoda uk would have none this lol.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Alas, last year when I was complaining about being unable to update the maps as the Skoda Update website said I could, the call centre staff hadn't even been warned that MY21 cars had the new MIB3 systems, and were merely repeating the instructions from their computerised scripts to use an SD card! I had to get them to pass me through to their Technical Support before I could find anyone who was working from their knowledge rather than a script, and even they hadn't actually seen a MIB3-equipped car!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Grahamf

Post by Grahamf »

I have also contacted Customer Support about Trip Planner. This is their reply:

“As advised previously this is down to the factory for the development team to update My ŠKODA App once the trip planner is available. Therefore, I would not be able to update you once the trip planner is available as the factory will release this directly on the app and not through Customer services.
All I can recommend is to keep an eye on latest updates on the app and once latest updates are available it might include the trip planner feature as well however as advised we do not have a time-scale as to when this is going to be available.”

Don’t Customer Services communicate with the factory?!

If and when Trip Planner does happen I’ll update this post.
Milgey

Post by Milgey »

I have had some issues with Connect over the last few months

Petrol station function not working
Parking space function not working
Online traffic not working
Online map updates not working
Online trip planner not importing to car until sometimes after I have arrived

Skoda UK are fully aware that online map updates are not available and have told me to download via a usb c stick.

Meanwhile they want me to take a photograph of the icons that do not exist.

Early September I renewed my subscription but SKoda already knew the services were not working when they asked for the money - this does not make me happy,,,,

Waiting for the latest response from Dean Goodwin at customer services to see what else they come up with.
Current - MY21 1.5 SE-L DSG in Petrol Blue + Virtual Cockpit
Past - MY19 1.5 SE-L DSG in Meteor Grey
bryfly48

Post by bryfly48 »

Don't think Skoda have a clue, it took me three hours to download map update onto USB stick, placed into both front usb c socket's and guess what? nothing happens...
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Simply clever? Maybe not...
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
KenA

Post by KenA »

I've just received an email to say my Skoda connect services are about to expire. Does this mean I will have to pay now for things such as map updates etc? The car comes up to 1 year old on 10th March.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

@KenA,

Yes.

You get the SOS service for the life of the car; and breakdown calls, info calls, health reports, service scheduling, personalisation and online system updates for the first 10 years.

But you will need to buy an annual licence for Remote Access (to get driving data, parking position and vehicle status, honk & flash, and online anti-theft alarm); and an annual licence for Infotainment Online (to get online map updates, online traffic info, online route calculations, online voice control, online destination imports, online parking places and online petrol prices).

If you prefer to use your phone for navigating etc, or can update your maps manually, then you may decide not to bother but personally I think it's a price worth paying.

Chris

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post