Car locking itself

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Hartley66

Post by Hartley66 »

Did you get this sorted? M6 car has started doing similar and is so annoying. I’m one month out of warranty and they want to charge a fortune just to do a diagnostic. Looking at this forum it seems the central locking is causing many issues for the Karoq but I can’t seem to find what the actual fault is

atariman

Post by atariman »

Sounds like the car not communicating with the keyfob reliably. Try replacing keyfob battery.
Queensta71

Post by Queensta71 »

Hi, I’m having the same issues 18 plate Karoq, left keys in the car, opened boot to get bags out, car locked itself, but wing mirrors still out. Had to get my father in law to fetch spare keys..
leo11

Post by leo11 »

Same issue here, any info on possible fix??
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

The more I read about Skoda problems on this and the Kodiaq forum. the more worried I am getting about getting another Skoda. I change my car about every year and Karoq's time is up.
Honda here I come! Very sad after having had 8 Skodas.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I'm still surprised that cars are locking with the keys inside. The one time I put a bag in the boot of mine with the car keys in it, I was struggling to understand why the tailgate refused to close! Until I realised and took the keys out.

And I don't think that software problems are just Skoda (or VAG) problems. I'd suspect that all cars are much the same nowadays, it's just that we are more aware of the Skoda bugs.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
SkoKar19

Post by SkoKar19 »

I have a 2019 Skoda Karoq and this keeps happening to me. I’ve had to call the AA out several times as my keys have been locked in the car when I got out to drop something off. I spoke to the Skoda Garage when I brought it in for servicing and was told to replace the key fob batteries. But this hasn’t worked. Often, when I get into the car, it says “key fob not detected”. I have to click the unlock button on my keyfob and then I am able to start my car. Also, the keyless entry often doesn’t work.

Yesterday, I arrived at work and the warning “electronic parking brake error” flashed up. Skoda Assist sent someone out who said everything worked fine as soon as he reset the system. But it has happened again this morning.
Karoq

Post by Karoq »

Vehicle locking itself.

My Karoq locks all the doors and boot, by itself. Mirrors stay out, even though vehicle locked. Does this within 10 seconds of getting out. Keys locked in vehicle. Luckily spare available.
Definitely a fault. Not been to the garage yet. Vehicle just over one year old.
Aussiepepe

Post by Aussiepepe »

I have the exact same problem. There is no pattern as to when or how. Looking for answers
D82Shell

Post by D82Shell »

I had this issue with my Karoq sportline so thought I would post the fix that resolved mine. The resolution for mine was a faulty sensor in the drivers door locking unit. This was fixed under warranty by my local skoda dealership by fitting a new door lock unit. The dealership were able to identify the fault as it was in the fault log.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post