Electric windows

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Waggy1971

Post by Waggy1971 »

Last night my front electric.widows started playing up..
I can no longer open them using.my.buttons on the arm rest. The.rear ones still work fine.from there and the passenger opens.and closes using the button on the passenger.door, but neither of the front windows will open from the drivers buttons..

And ideas before I call the garage?
Karoq SE L 2.0 DSG 4x4 - heated seats / windscreen / washjets - towbar - park assist - power boot - Assistance pack - Light Assist / light & Rain Assist - park assist with steering assist - LED Lighting pack - Quartz Grey

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Fuse? I'm not sure if the back and front windows have their own fuses but worth checking. Rereading your post, it would seem more likely that there is a problem with the switches. I should ring the dealer. Is it still under warranty?
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

On the Yeti simply holding the switch in the up position for 5(?) seconds once the window is closed was enough to initiate a reset. I have not had an issue with the windows in the Karoq (nor heard of one from anybody else) but it might be worth a try...

Have fun,

Ian.

PS: Whatever proves to be the cause and/or fix, please come back and tell us.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Even without being able to raise the window it might be worth trying Ian's tip (I think it's 10 seconds BTW. OR
With the car unlocked, try locking the car with the key fob until the windows close. ( you have to keep the fob button pressed after the car locks until the windows are fully closed)
If it works, again, keep the fob button pressed for at least 10 seconds after full closure, in the hope it may reset the system.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post