Squeaky noisey wipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Skoda Customer Services have surpassed themselves with the speed of their reply.
Dear Mr Lambert

Thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the wiper blades fitted to ŠKODA vehicles. Considerable Market research is completed during the design of any vehicle and it is always helpful to receive feedback of this kind as customer acceptance is crucial to the success of our products.

If you feel as though there is an issue with your vehicles wiper blades we would best advise for the vehicle to be diagnosed by an approved ŠKODA retailer. Once this problem has been diagnosed they will be happy to inform you of the actions required.

As you may appreciate, it can take time for certain changes to be implemented. Such improvements are often made on the basis of customer comments and I have therefore, passed your views back to the Manufacturer via our own Marketing Department.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on 03330037504 quoting the above reference number.

Kind regards

Zaid Hamid
Customer Relations Advisor
ŠKODA UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA
Tel: 0333 0037504
customerservices@skoda.co.uk | www.skoda.co.uk | www.skoda-auto.com/color]
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Charcoal75

Post by Charcoal75 »

If your problem is not yet solved, I had the same wiper issue from delivery and finished up replacing the factory fit wipers with Bosh Aerotwin. Problem was solved immediately.
wurn

Post by wurn »

I have just recently had my Karoqs first service and commented from day one that the wipers were juddery but I thought this would come under warranty. Silly me! This comes under "normal wear and tear" and should have been reported within the first 6 months or 6500 miles. Even so I didnt expect the stone wall I came up against, total refusal to do anything apart from suppling a new set for £50! despite the service mechanic agreeing they were juddery. Having studied this forum I bought the recommended Bosch A864S ones, which were silent from first wipe, for £19.65, oh the joys of the internet! The service department also told me that the Skoda ones are also made by Bosch although there are obvious differences. So thanks everyone for the advice, happy now.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I think the Skoda blades are made out of old tyres probably with the cords left in! :lol:
They have always been cr@p (and you saw the non answer I got from Skoda above)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Doesn’t make any difference when you report it. I reported mine after approx 1000 miles and Skoda Southend chose to totally ignore it. Worst car I have ever had. Never again Skoda.
Complete pile of rubbish. They need to be removed from the road
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I wouldn't put it that strongly. I have had 8 Skodas all all have been acceptable with small faults, usually put right by my excellent dealer..
BUT. I find them poorly specc'd. unless one is prepared pay a fortune for gizmos that I think should be standard.
I don't think VAG in general are on top of their electronic systems and are currently experiencing rather too many problems if the complaints here are correct.
I am not going to risk my next car having these sorts of problems. Also I am not interested in EV or even PHEV and since VAG in their wisdom will not produce a FULL hybrid, only weedy, useless (imho) MILD hybrid,I await with interest my new Honda HR-V FULL hybrid. You can't win everything though. Honda Customer Services are absolute rubbish! Let's hope the car is better (I have had 8 Honda and they were all faultless- but pre-electronic!)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
St George

Post by St George »

I’ve had my Karoq for two years and never got rid of the noisy wipers, juddering. BUT thanks to Sanquhar, they are now quiet. Bliss. Thank you, the white vinegar did the trick on the front ones, but not the rear - Hardi 1959’s trick with WD40 worked with that one. 👍😘 Cheers guys
Penquin

Post by Penquin »

I have been following this post and, like others, was fed up with noise/juddering of the wiper. The car was in for a service and mot, albeit only has 9500mile in three years. Told dealer to have a look at wipers, all I got was a recommendation on the service record to fit another rear wiper, their charge £14 that I declined was I’m assuming to fit the same rubbish that was on.
I decided to follow advice on this forum and purchased a set of front and rear Bosch wipers, online for £30.41 incl p&p (Parts in Motion Hampton House, 23 Longbrook St, Exeter, EX4 6AB, England). Fitted in a few minutes and they are great, quite and perfect, just like wipers should be
Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

I had the same problem on my Karoq 21MY at 4000 miles. I swapped them for Bosch Aerotwin blades, end of problem.
Scunner

Post by Scunner »

New here. Juddering wipers. Had it from new (car just over a year old) and thought they would settle. So irritating and to the point when on phone in rain, people would ask what’s that noise. Local Skoda garage not interested really as independent mechanic advised it could be the wiper arms faulty and under warranty, but have a lead time of 4+ weeks for an appointment!
Anyway, took advice from this Forum and fitted the Bosch from Amazon today. Problem solved. Brilliant and many thanks. Love the car apart from the above and of course, the SOS issue which appears but disappears after being parked up. Weird and annoying.
Anyway, thanks again for advice and Forum.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post