Squeaky noisey wipers

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Charcoal75

Post by Charcoal75 »

Mine juddered from day1, especially bad on drivers side and noisy too
Persevered for a few months, cleaning screen and blades etc all to no avail.
Could have asked dealer to replace them under warranty but they would most probably have been the factory fit brand.
So purchased a pair of A864S Bosch Aerotwin Wipers for 20 quid and not a single judder since fitting them plus very quiet.

Snowster

Post by Snowster »

The wipers on my Karoq were very juddery from new, bought a set of Bosch and the problem was sorted.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Snowster wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:55 am The wipers on my Karoq were very juddery from new, bought a set of Bosch and the problem was sorted.
So were mine, but cleaning the screen with Fast Glass and doing the same to the wiper blades fixed the issue. That is certainly the first thing to try and is somewhat cheaper than changing the wipers. Twenty six months on the original wipers are still perfect.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
sriramnagavelli

Post by sriramnagavelli »

Hi there

I am a new member. I own a 69 Skoda Karoq 1.5 SEL . Bought the car in Dec 2019 and in Jan 2020 had problem with driver's side wiper juddering so the retailer said it's the wiper blade problem and changed them, again after not driving the car for 3 month from march to may, in June 2020 i had the same problem again. Retailer changed the wiper blades again on 10th July. It's not even a month now, today wiper blades both front and rear ones are very squeaky and noisey. On top of wipers problem, air conditioner wasn't working so back in july they found almost empty gas cyclinder so topped up. I hardly used A/C in the car but it was empty in 3 months! no leaks. Retailers answer was, probably the car might have come like that from factory! when i raised the question about the checks they should have made before selling it to me, they didn't have any answer! A/C is working now but they say wipers have juddering problem and they can't do anything. I raised it with customer services but they are going by the retailer manager's word and waiting for their response!! Retail service manager is on holiday this week so will have to wait until next week. How can I fix this annoying squeaky sound of wipers? Cleaned wipers and wind screen. Everything looks neat and clean. Can any one advice me what is the possible action I could take for their responses!!! Thanks in advance.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

This is a very common problem and one from which my car also suffers!!. It is not only the Karoq. The Kodiaq also suffers. My rear wiper judders very badly unless the window is really soaked.
Apparently it is a fault that the actual 'rubber' doesn't 'flip/flop. So in one direction the blade is 'trailing' and one the return journey the blade is stuck at the this angle. / going from right to left.
Perhaps it is a duff load of Skoda blades?

I have cleaned the screen with a product called 'Nilglass' and it seems to have solved the problem, possibly only temporarily. It is worse after i have been through a car wash with wax.

Others have replaced the blades with Bosch blades which they claim solves the problem.
I am sure we would all be pleased to hear the outcome of your complaint. Keep badgering, Skoda don't like trouble. Demand to speak to a customer service MANAGER. The chaps that answer the 'phone don't have the authority to do anything. If you keep on at them they usually give in in the end .(Skoda UK, not the dealer)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
harr.d1959@gmail.com

Post by harr.d1959@gmail.com »

Try soaking a rag with Wd40 then run the rag up and down the blade,works for mep
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Merged.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

Clean the screen with white vinegar, then wipe the wipers.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
Milgey

Post by Milgey »

Have generally found the Skoda fitted wipers appalling and the rear one was awful - changed them for a Bosch Aero triple set on Amazon for under £20 and much better now!!
Current - MY21 1.5 SE-L DSG in Petrol Blue + Virtual Cockpit
Past - MY19 1.5 SE-L DSG in Meteor Grey
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Sent to Customer service this morning.
Good morning,
Please read the attached thread from the Kodiaq Forum and pass on to quality control at the factory.
I agree with the complaints,
Every Skoda after my 3 Yetis has had appalling, noisy wipers, especially the rear,The severe juddering noise is unbearable.
Something needs to be done about it.
Many thanks,
Kind regards
Colin Lambert.
Global Moderator. Kodiaq Forum.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=640
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.

• You may also be interested in...