Dash cam diy

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

atkinbrown wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:07 pm we tried running dash cam from usb socket and it didn't work. we now just plug it in then unplug when we get home.
It may be that there is a fault with the usb port.

MrCC

Post by MrCC »

Just to follow up on me messing up the passenger airbag by unplugging it, I took my Karoq into the garage today where they ran diagnostic tests to reset it but also fitted the dash cam for me AND updated the operating system to stop the fault I was getting from the SOS Emergency Call feature. Because the latter was an update that needed to happen anyway they didn’t charge me a penny for any of it! I must’ve been very good in an earlier life.
Shout out to Lookers Skoda in Stockport. Excellent service after I’d ballsed up my own car. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

Just successfully fitted my dashcam. I tried plugging it via adapters to a usb c socket, but it just came up with 'connecting to usb' and hanging. So I bought 3 short data blocker power usb cables and connected it into the line. It now switches on and off with the ignition. All I've got to do now is to get the second usb c socket fixed so I can use Android Auto,
Yanbanshee

Post by Yanbanshee »

Is it not possible to remove the cig lighter plug (with transformer) and fit a USB plug to use the centre console USB socket ?
benettonb1

Post by benettonb1 »

we tried running dash cam from usb socket and it didn't work. we now just plug it in then unplug when we get home.
hellodear.in

teatv.ltd
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

benettonb1 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:20 pm we tried running dash cam from usb socket and it didn't work. we now just plug it in then unplug when we get home.
hellodear.in

teatv.ltd
See my post above. You need a data blocking cable, usb c to usb a female. Available on Amazon.
Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

I have my dash cam wired into the OBD socket which has permanently live pins 4 & 16. You can get a OBD plug online for a few quid.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post