Key failure with no warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
DAVE L

Re: Key failure with no warning

Post by DAVE L » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 am

Why is the battery in my key fob only lasting 4 weeks at a time 21 plate koroq SEL
David L

CJJE

Post by CJJE » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:07 pm

DAVE L wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 am
Why is the battery in my key fob only lasting 4 weeks at a time 21 plate koroq SEL
David L
Earlier posts in this thread have suggested Duracell aren't suitable and recommended Panasonics instead. Which are yours?

The new keys should turn off if not moved for 5 minutes, prolonging the batteries. Are yours being moved a lot, or the buttons pushed inadvertently?

Chris
MY21 Race Blue Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI with PS/DCC, Virtual Cockpit, Heated Windscreen, Spare Wheel & Area View. Ordered 2/6/20, built 21/10/20 and collected 16/11/20! :D

Mark-Guildford

Post by Mark-Guildford » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:31 pm

My wife’s KESSY keyfob battery also failed yesterday. She said she didn’t remember seeing any kind of low battery warning on the dashboard.
I swapped the battery for a cheapo one which I had at home, but still no luck. I therefore tried testing both batteries on the battery tester which I had at home. Both of them were showing a good level. I’m not sure how many volts, as it wasn’t a voltmeter. I didn’t get a red lit LED on the keyfob with either of them when I pressed a button.
So then I bought a Panasonic battery, put it in the keyfob, and it worked first time, without even having to re-sync it. So I guess it’s best to stay clear of the cheapo Poundland coincell battery packs, and stick with Panasonic.

sanqhar

Post by sanqhar » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:51 am

Just like the washer "top up" that you pay for on a dealer service, changing the key fob battery will turn into something the dealer does every time (and charges you for the pleasure).

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....