Boot lid filling with water

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Ulster Sam

Post by Ulster Sam »

Hello folks,

A quick update on my problem with water in the tailgate, I finally had it returned a couple of weeks ago, last time I used the car was February 3rd, touch wood, the problem SEEMS to be rectified however, I’ve lost all faith in both Sinclair Skoda as well as the car itself and just can’t wait for my Motability contract to finish so I can get shot of it.

Here’s hoping that everyone else who suffered similar problems have also got sorted.

Jane M

Post by Jane M »

Hello everyone,

My first post on here after buying a brand new Karoq 2 months ago.
I've also had this issue with water coming in from the boot lid when it lifts up.
It comes in mainly on the right side but has also been happening less on the left side too.
The car is currently back with the dealership awaiting a fix.
I'm just wondering if those of you who had issues last year have seen any improvement after sending the cars back to be fixed?

Thanks

Jane.

IMG_0615 2.jpg

Mike sandy

Post by Mike sandy »

Hi Jane
My boot lid was filling up like yours , if you read my posts on the first page it was eventually fixed on the 18 Jan last year with a squirt of grease on gas strut brackets bolts on both sides of the boot lid ,shown in the photo .
Mention it to your dealership it might save them having to take your boot lid insides off and you'll get your motor back sooner. Show them the posts on this subject.
When a car goes in with a fault , they have to go through a series of fixes from a data list in order .
Hope this helps , any more questions just post us .
Regards Michael
Karoq 1.5 SE with tow bar
Dark blue metallic
Gil666

Post by Gil666 »

Hi I bought a 2019 karoq in April this year, and when it rained water flooded into my boot through the plastic trim . I have just had my karoq in main dealer17/8/21 and they said water was coming in through the drivers side rear light , which they replaced. Since getting the karoq back it has rained several times and no water has leaked in.
Malcolm1

Post by Malcolm1 »

I think I have fixed mine by removing strut screws one at a time and putting plumbers tape around threads and then putting grease over screws and brackets I also took out tailgate lights and smeared grease on the bottom of them I’ve had no water entering tailgate so far.
CMH78

Post by CMH78 »

Hi,
I've had my 21 plate Karoq sportline 1.5 DSG from new and the boot well is filling with water, getting stagnant and started to make the car stink.
This was picked up by myself after the cars 1st service but they replied they've fixed it.
It's happened again and they've had the car back for inspection and found no fault.
They haven't replaced the rusted spare wheel or jack and basically handed the keys back to me.
Where do I stand with my PCP agreement and warranty?

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-12 at 14.07.30_77587cbc.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-12 at 14.07.09_2a865113.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-12 at 14.07.09_536c9d10.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-12 at 14.07.10_74fb2d77.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post