Drive Mode selection

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Every time you start your engine you have to go into DM selection window and choose the one you want. A friend has a Golf R 18 reg and it stays on the selected option every time it is started up.
I know some of you find this infuriating (including me!)
I have asked them if there is anyway dealers can upgrade the system to current settings. I await the answer, but do not hold out much hope.

This is their less than helpful reply.
Dear Mr Lambert

Thank you for your email providing the additional information provided. I apologise for the delay in getting back to you.

I have had a discussion with Technical Support Team who confirmed that when the engine is turned off and on the setting will reset. On new models, our factory have changed this system to set back to the original mode. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

I hope this information proves useful. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK.

Kind regards

Leah Culpan
Customer Relations Advisor
ŠKODA UK | Selectapost 34 | Sheffield | S97 3FA
Tel: 0333 0037504
customerservices@skoda.co.uk | www.skoda.co.uk | www.skoda-auto.com
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

Demport

Post by Demport »

Don't suppose there's been any update from Skoda?
Thanks
22MY, Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG - 71 registered

Replaced 19MY, Karoq 1.5 Edition DSG 4x4 - 69 registered
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

You suppose correctly!
If you want your drive selection to stay where you set it, you have two options.......buy an older Golf or buy a NEW Karoq!!
I absolutely FAIL TO UNDERSTAND why a 2 year old golf does and a 2019 Karoq Edition cannot and what is more cannot be 'interfered with' by way of an OBD to correct this very annoying shortcoming.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

Could the dealer apply a software update to keep the drive selection on its preferred setting?
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

No. Both the dealer's tech genius and I have spoken to SUK technical and there is no way of doing it even with an OBD.
Only solution is as I have mentioned above.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
goobs

Post by goobs »

I have a new Karoq 1.5TSi Sportline DSG and it also reverts back to Normal drive mode.

I've sent an email to Skoda asking why.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Because that's the way cars are nowadays! They are tested for their CO2 and fuel consumption figures in the default configuration, and now have to use the same settings every time you start the engine. By previous Golf also remembered how I'd left it, but that's no longer permitted.

Many people have a routine they go through now when they've started the engine and are waiting for the software to load up:
- set driving mode
- set speed limiter rather than cruise control
- disable stop/start (if you're not a fan of it)
- enable AirCare in the Climatronic
- in winter turn on heated seats, windscreen and steering wheel
- fasten seatbelt

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
goobs

Post by goobs »

Just to update, Skoda said speak to a dealer to start fault diagnosis.
I replied is it a fault, they replied speak to a dealer to.....

I spoke to the dealer who said yeah some old ones do that. I said mine is brand new, 3 weeks old, yeah some new ones do that...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post