Auto stop start delay please!

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

I'm sure that given enough time I could master the art of 'left foot braking' but for now it's a no, no, scary stuff....highlights just how quick the vehicle can stop!

FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

Update; Following on from my post above, it seems Skoda can be clever when it wants to be. I've found that despite me having the 'auto hold' 'off' the original 'hill hold' control still works in the background, just as it does on our ageing Golf.....nice.
TJJ

Post by TJJ »

Hi I too hate stop start and was switching it off at every start but you some times forget and then that delay restarting IS dangerous.

Solution was have it off permanently (only 10 pound UK)

I bought a Carista OBD adaptor for 10 quid (here was $19 aud) plus post. This plugs into a pink socket under the dash drivers side. You download the app to your Android or apple phone and the first month is free and fully functional. (its is $53 a year or $15 a week after that but once stop start is gone why bother?)

It connects by Bluetooth and does lots of customisation (depends on what's fitted) and dead easy to use. Just remember to cancel the subscription in Play Store before the trial is up.

Two methods to get rid of it. Method two will not work. Method one you set the voltage to 12.1v and when the sys checks the voltage is always too low so stop start fails to activate. There is even a stop/start warning light that come on in MFD re stop/start symbol with a circle and slash through it telling you stop/start didn't activate, great!

For 10 quid I did pay that and worth every penny.

There are other ODB devises and apps but I found this the cheapest and easiest.

TJ
Karoq 1.5 DSG Oz Launch Ed. Candy White 19"
My other car's a Yeti
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Can your OBD also make the passenger side door mirror dip on reverse on a car without electric drivers seat?
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
TJJ

Post by TJJ »

Hi Colin I have the electric seats so the dipping works but don't know if that's possible via the OBD. Can set a different dip for all three profiles. I did put the tacho/speedo sweep needles on start up. Put the rear leds on as DRL. and some other stuff including changing the auto indicator from 3 clicks to four. It does the diagnostics too and something about emissions but we don't use that here in Oz. My main gripe was getting rid of the start/stop.
TJ
Karoq 1.5 DSG Oz Launch Ed. Candy White 19"
My other car's a Yeti
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Thanks for all the info.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

Having problem with s/s as most times it does not work yet others it does / been told by dealership because I am a low mileage user that’s the problem but worked fine when I bought it / also whilst in for service the courtesy car s/s worked perfect anybody got any ideas or can give help thanks
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

TJJ wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:33 am Hi I too hate stop start and was switching it off at every start but you some times forget and then that delay restarting IS dangerous.

TJ
Delay in starting can be got round by a slight movement of the steering wheel.

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

There's a button below the heating controls that turns it off. Just make it part of your start up routine to choose your preferred driving mode, and disable the Stop/Start?

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post