Front door Red safety lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
saronie

Post by saronie »

our 3 day old karoq has Front door Red safety lights. How do I turn them on

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

If they are the same safety lights as on my Karoq, they are reflectors...

Have fun,

Ian.

PS: You're lucky you have them; one of the reflectors was missing when my car was delivered...
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

On SE L they are reflectors.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Colin,

You're back! Did all go well?

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Hello Ian et al,
According to the surgeon the op went very well ( he's not going to own up to a cock up though is he? :lol: ) Mind you he is a Professor and European lead in hip surgery!
It was noticed in ITU (luckily) that the catheter had been inserted incorrectly caused my bladder to fill up to the point of bursting, so much so that they had to fast bleep a Consultant Urologist to sort it our before my bladder went pop! Not impressed!
I spent 3 days in the recovery ward, in my own room, where the staff were absolutely brilliant. The food in the Royal Bournemouth is superb!
Then 2 days in what was the private hospital attached to the RBH, now taken over by the NHS. Again a private room.
For some reason the care was not as good as the previous ward. There seemed to be little co-ordination. e.g.I was asked the day before I left if I had the post op x-ray, which was done the day after the op.
I just wondered if anyone bothered to read my notes!?
I am on 2 crutches and partial (50%) weight bearing for 12 weeks and no driving for at least 6 weeks :evil:
The constant pain both now the clips are starting to drag on the incision and muscular pain is terrible. Helped at bed time by a large dollop of 'Oromorph'!
Getting round the house, up and down stairs and only washing with a flannel are a real pain. I only have a shower over the bath, so no shower or bath allowed for at least 6 weeks.
My right thigh is hugely swollen and according to the surgeon will take 12 weeks to return to normal. Total recovery is about A YEAR!
To end on a good note........ He did manage to give me back the 20mm leg length I have lost over the 23 years the of the hip replacement.
SWMBO is being absolutely BRILLIANT looking after every need and considering she lives 40 miles away and her Ma is close to death, I cannot praise her highly enough.
For those with a medical interest.
23 year old hip on left, new one on right.Image
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Bloody marvellous what they can do. Hope you get out of pain soon mate and on the mend.
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thanks for the update Colin,

I guess you could do without the pain but that should subside with time and can (usually) be managed with a few "interesting" chemicals (my own preference comes in bottles and is made in Scotland... ;) ) Hope the next six weeks will not be too trying for you; being without the use of a car is a major pain and I suspect that public transport may be less than ideal for you.

Look after yourself, and don't be tempted to try and shower, a fall on the new hip would not be helpful.

Enjoy Christmas (that's an order!)

Ian.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Thanks Ian,
Public transport is a no-no as, 1. I could not walk as far as the 'bus stop at the moment.
2. I refuse to have a 'bus pass.
3. I would rather chop my arm off than use a 'bus. I hate them.
Clips out at 17.00 today which should ease the dragging pain round the incision.
I cancelled Christmas this year, as I was not sure how long I would be in hospital.
My two sons are having the day with their Mother (my ex wife).We still don't get on after 21 yeas divorced, so never share Christmas, specially since I now have a really wonderful lady in my life.
We have decided to have a quiet day a deux. Wonderful.
Best wishes,
The Grinch aka, Colin.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post