Problem updating Navigation map

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
pj134

Post by pj134 »

Hi all

I'm new to the forum but hoping someone can help who may have worked out how to update the maps.

I have followed the instructions on the Update Portal and downloaded the files via Safari using an iMac which seems to give me two main folders -Mib1 and Mib2. The instructions say "Open the first file in the folder with the downloaded data and extract into the SD card".

Daft question I know but which folder am I supposed the be extracting to the SD card - is it the whole of the Mib1 folder or am I meant to open that and then transfer the contents of this folder? To be honest I've tried both and get an error message every time saying "ERROR: No data available. Please insert a source with software update data or check the source".

I am using a SanDisk Ultra SDHC1, 32GB, 80 mb/s SD card which has been formatted to MS-DOS (FAT32) format. I see some other comments about updating the SKODA-supplied SD card but, as I couldn't find one, I contacted my dealer who said that as this is a Columbus system I don't need one.

Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution they can share?

My local dealer has offered to update the maps for me but I don't want to have to rely on this every time.

NickW

Post by NickW »

Have a look at the notes I posted to share the method that worked for me. The crucial pint seems to be reusing the Skoda Sd card.
Nick W
Karoq 2.0 Diesel SEL 4x4 manual
Northumberland
Pedro247

Post by Pedro247 »

Skoda Karoq sat nav update 2.pdf
(106.52 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
Pedro247

Post by Pedro247 »

This is an update on last post as I omitted to say that once you have saved a copy of you SD card you then have to format it using quick format. I hesitated to do this at first but realised that there was insufficient space on SD card and that you can only have one map on the card. Having done this I then unpacked zip file to SD card as destination. when finished I put the card in my SD slot 1 in car and opened navigation app in car and up it came to my relief
2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

Thanks to all contributors!
I've just updated my map and everything went smoothly and to plan. Most unusual for cars/computers!!
I'm very suspicious, there must be a catch somewhere.....
Karog 1.5TSi SEL DSG Quartz grey