Kangaroo movements in first gear. Solution. see page 2.

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
ChrisL

Post by ChrisL »

I've had my Karoq about 3 months and done almost 3000 miles. It has kangaroo'd since day one. At first I put this down to it being a new car but it still happens occasionally. It tends only to occur when I first get in the car and driving at low speed, so mainly when I'm leaving a multi-story car park and can't get the speed up. It's a great car all round but this is a real pain at times.
Karoq SE L 1.5.

Jezza3434

Post by Jezza3434 »

Quick update.

Took my car to my local Skoda dealer & they were excellent - great customer service :)

They advised me the VW 1.5 TSI throttle/kangaroo issue is expecting a Q2 fix.

They also adjusted my auto parking brake which was releasing too late making the biting point hard to judge/unpredictable.

This has made it easier to balance clutch and accelerator when the car is cold to avoid kangaroo hopping & easier to pull away quickly without it bogging down with too low revs.

Just need that fix in Q2.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Thank you Jezza; it is always nice to hear a compliment or a change.

Care to name the dealer? It may help somebody else.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

If everyone would put their locality (top right) and model, engine size and g/box in their signature, it would make it much easier for those trying to help to respond!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milgey

Post by Milgey »

Just had mine go in for warranty work and they also applied an ECU upgrade.
First comments are no kangarooing and my fuel consumption jumped to over 40mpg from hovering around 35.
Is it a coincidence?
Will find out tomorrow on my normal work journey - watch this space.
Current - MY21 1.5 SE-L DSG in Petrol Blue + Virtual Cockpit
Past - MY19 1.5 SE-L DSG in Meteor Grey
Milgey

Post by Milgey »

Solved!!
No kangarooing and fuel consumption still over 40!
Current - MY21 1.5 SE-L DSG in Petrol Blue + Virtual Cockpit
Past - MY19 1.5 SE-L DSG in Meteor Grey
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I assume yours is Manual?
DSGs seem to be less prone to this problem.
I did have it very slightly on my first Karoq, but my present one is fine. Both are DSG.
On the manual depress the clutch or knock it into N if DSG and give the accelerator a firm, quick 'prod',
I found that this dumped more petrol into the engine and sorted out the problem.
Personally, I think the mixture is too weak when cold, But what do I know? I'm only an ignorant customer.
Try it , see what happens and report back please.
There are growing numbers of Kodiaq (especially) and a few Karoq owners have refused the cars as unfit for purpose. If it is on any form of credit , go through the credit company rather than the dealer or SUK..
From what I have read, that seems to be the quickest, most efficient way of cancelling the deal.
good luck!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy »

Auto Express are reporting this week that VW still haven't found a fix for this. [url]https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/107558/juddering-vw-group-cars-no-end-in-sight-for-owners[/url]