DSG Brake Pedal height

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Robxter

Post by Robxter »

Have just recently taken delivery of Karoq 1.5 SEL DSG. Started to get right leg and hip discomfort. Initially thought it was was the seating position but have found out today that it appears to be the pronounced height of the brake pedal compared to the accelerator pedal that is causing me the problem when I shift my foot across. Had Auto’s for years and never had similar discomfort.
I’ve looked on the web and it appears that the Yeti had similar problems. I wondered if there might be a chance of a potential adjustment to the DSG brake pedal or even a modification to make it sit more in line with the accelerator pedal. It does seem noticeably high.
I haven’t spoken to the supply dealership yet but that would be my next course of action. Any help, either technical or ergonomic would be gratefully received.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

This is not something I have heard folks complain about, either here or on the YetiOwnersClub forum and I can't say I have noticed any issue with the height of Karoq brake pedal. As far as I am aware, there is no adjustment to change the pedal position and I suspect that lowering it, if you can find a way to do that, may prevent the full travel when you really need the brakes.

When I first got my Yeti (manual) I used to struggle with the accelerator pedal being hinged on the floor instead of hung from above as in all my previous cars but I found that adjusting the height and reach of the seat overcame that. It may be worth looking at similar adjustments to your car to see if that fixes your issue.

Good luck finding a solution that works for you and please keep us informed here of your progress.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post