Heated rear seats

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
LancashireLad

Post by LancashireLad »

Hi,
Having recently removed the rear seats (brilliant option) it seems at first glance the seats are set up as heated seats. As this wasn’t included as an option on our 1.5tsi DSG Edition I wondered if the switches could be retro fitted?
BTW, the Karoq is brilliant, really enjoying owning it. One negative comment, and it’s probably more to do with my driving ability, I find the Auto handbrake function makes smooth driving more difficult, much better for me with it disabled.

Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I had a similar thought when I removed the seats from mine. However, I suspect that you'd have to change the seats as I very much doubt that Skoda would have fitted the heating elements to the rear seats unless they are specified. Given that I never travel in the back (and rarely carry any passengers in the back these days) I did not bother to investigate any further.

The auto parking brake function is rather nice but took a little getting used to. I find that a very gentle tap on the accelerator seems to release the brake and preload the DSG box so that when I apply a little gas pressure a moment later everything happens far more smoothly. It took a little practice but has become fairly instinctive now.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
LancashireLad

Post by LancashireLad »

Ian,
Thanks for the reply. I tend to agree with you regarding the rear seats, maybe in time it will become clear if anyone else looks into it.. Auto hold handbrake still not convinced but I agree, taking a gentle approach to moving off is smoother.
Still a great car, amazed not to see more around.
Happy motoring,
Geoff
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

I presume there would need to be an electrical disconnect for removing the seats? My Karoq doesn't have the removable seats but my Yeti did - no connections to remove on it.
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

We have them on our Edition which we picked up today. The floor has contacts that the seat connection automatically slots in and out of. So looks like the floor is the same on all but the seats are different (i.e. with or without heating elements)
Mike
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
LancashireLad

Post by LancashireLad »

Hi, thanks for the input from Grumpy & mikaroq.
The rear seats on our car appear to have heating elements, certainly have wiring loom disappearing into the seats. My thoughts are it could be that the only missing bit are the two switches that would be located in the rear of the centre console.
Intriguing!
Geoff.
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

I wondered if those electric inputs were for seatbelt alerts . Maybe not then ! Anyone dare to try and order and fit some switches ? If it works I'm buying !! 😂
Merlinman

Post by Merlinman »

Did anyone look into this?
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Jimbologo,
Just what I was thinking, but you beat me to it!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post