Hard Wiring a Dash Cam With parking Mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
pgp001

Post by pgp001 »

I know this has been done to death, but I am after a small piece of information about hard wiring a dash cam please.

My dash cam is a Garmin 55 and has the parking mode wiring kit with it, I understand that fuse 47 is the best on to use for the switsched supply, but I also need a permanent supply for the park mode function,

Can someone please advise which fuse I would need to piggy back for a permanant live.

Thanks
Phil

Bramleyapple

Post by Bramleyapple »

I have my dash cam fed from the OBD socket which has live pos and neg pins. Look online for polarity. Get a wireable OBD plug from eBay and an inline fuse and route the cable up the rubber door seal, just tuck it in, then across inside the front of the headlining.
Soup

Post by Soup »

pgp001 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:46 pmCan someone please advise which fuse I would need to piggy back for a permanant live.
I'd use the cigarette lighter fuse.

Seems like most Skoda cigarette lighter sockets are permanently live, which is good for what you need; that isn't necessarily true in other Volkswagen group cars where you have the choice of a switched live or a permanently live fuse depending on how the fuse sits in the fuse box.

Useful thing.

Having had a few Audis with a fuse box arranged like that, it was a bit of a surprise that the Karoq didn't, so - needing a switched live - I piggybacked the rear wiper fuse as a lot of other peeps do.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post