Karoq 2021 Towbar electrics

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

Skoda Karoq SE Drive1.5 TSI 6G Man Year 2021. Fitted with SteinHof Towbar and electrics by Towbar fitting company. 13 pin Socket.
Caravan Fridge is wired to Pin10 /Pin11 via a voltage sensing relay and Pin9/Pin13 is permanent supply from car to Caravan..... Pin9 seems ON allways even car engine not running. Fridge Pin10 is ON when car engine is running and OFF when car engine on OFF.

If this the Normal wiring for Skoda Karoq...? Sometimes I think the car charging voltage, normally 14.5 volts drops to maybe 13 volts even when driving..... Is the an energy saving feature...??.... but it lets the voltage controlled relay for the fridge Pin10 drop out and fridge not supplied with 12 volt.

Should the Karoq maintain a steady voltage to battery ( approx 14.5 volts ) when driving.

Also the peermant supply on Pin9 with no relay means it is connected continuous when 13pin plug is plugged in so risk of running van and car battery flat.

karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

Are there any Karoq users or technicians out there...???......I thought I may have got an answer by now....??

My simple question is ..... "Should the Karoq maintain a steady voltage to battery ( approx 14.5 volts ) when driving". ?

My reason for this query is that Pin10 of the 13 pin towing socket is supplied via a voltage sensing relay for power to fridge when towing. If the voltage drops during driving when the smart charging system thinks the car battery is fully charged then the relay will drop out. Is this normal for a Karoq..? .. and is there any adjustment or settings for it..??

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post