Fuel flap 2019 Karoq sportline

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
ARC

Post by ARC »

Hi Guys ,

Need some advice regards my fuel flap.

The actuator stuck solid , could not budge it at all. Could not see enough inside to understand what the prob was so had to force off the colored flap .
Once that was off its obvious, the actuator pin stuck solid.
Managed to elongate the slot over the pin to get the gray plastic rear of the flap open.
Skoda as usual unhelpful as the colored flap is on back order , no idea when it will come in then it has to be painted !!!

So found a used flap with housing and a new actuator off ebay.
My question is how do i get the unit out to replace it. No screws or clips or slots etc on the outside . Is this sorted via the boot through the access panel behind the filler neck ?

thanks

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I've never had this problem myself, but remember seeing it mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=934

Kodiak seems to be the best person to advise you, and no doubt he'll be along soon when he sees your post.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

And here I am!
Sadly, I can't help you. I never had replace the whole thing. My flap did exactly the same. Being still under warranty I called the AA and he said the only way to be able to refuel is 'pop it' as you did.
Luckily, I had already agreed a P/X deal. with Meadens, so I 'phoned them up and told them. They said "Ok no problem, we'll fix it under warranty."
This (below) MIGHT help. Seems to be a common fault. Just a case of Skoda trying to be too clever. A lever in the car with a cable to the flap (as Honda) is far simpler and fool-proof.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
ARC

Post by ARC »

Thanks for the response.
Sorted it in the end.
Got a complete 2nd hand unit which allows you to see how it fits in. 4 clips secure the housing in which if done correctly you come through the boot to access the clips. The easy way is a pop a pilot hole in the 4 little indents on the face of the housing and ease the clips open .
The unit pops out cleanly. Reconnect the overflow and the module and push the new one in. Takes about 30 mins to sort completely. Parts cost £75. Bit different to skodas £350 .
Have got another now as well for a spare.

Thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post