Driver Welcome and Media Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Skoda Karoq
Phil in Knighton

Post by Phil in Knighton »

Hi, I've just bought a 69 plate Karoq 1.5 TSI SE L and am struggling to personalise my key. Manual suggests an infotainment menu path: car\settings\person symbol but I don't get that person option in car\settings. Also, I don't get the expected Welcome Driver 1, 2, etc upon switching on the ignition. Can anyone help please?
Also, every time I switch on ignition/start, the radio comes on! I don't have an Aux option under media, which is what I used to employ on my 2017 Octavia to stop this happening.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

KEY.
On my 21reg Karoq Sportline, there were no personal settings and no welcome message.
I assume that you have electric drivers seat since you mention driver 1 and 2. if this is the case you need THREE keys.
Don't ask me why. My 19 reg Karoq had electric seat and I had the same problem. I lived without wasting £400+ just to get personalisation!
Check with your dealer, to make sure I was correctly advised by my dealer at the time.
RADIO.
Many modern cars have the radio on permanently when the ignition is on. Turn the volume right down to solve the problem!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Phil in Knighton

Colin, thanks for you prompt and helpful reply. We did have 3 keys on the older Octavia (although not electric seats!). I'll do as you suggest and double check with dealer. As for radio - very sensible, ta! I have one other issue and that is that driver mode returns to normal upon restart, despite having been set to eco during journey. Is that right?
IanW

Post by IanW »

I have one other issue and that is that driver mode returns to normal upon restart, despite having been set to eco during journey. Is that right?
That is how its designed to work.
Phil in Knighton

Okay. Many thanks indeed.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I found that a pain in the bum!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)